From Crude to CBD Isolate

Do you have or know any CBD LLE data sources or papers? Or any links to topics in these forums?

I dont know what you mean by this

To state differently, do you collect LLE data for CBD or related molecules from your own equipment, or are there papers with this data already published? I ask because without this data, how can you know where the ideal operating line is for any separating equipment?

“This data” meaning the phase distribution of CBD compared to the continuous phase of solvent

you go in the lab and figure it out then design equiptment based on your results is how its done.

6 Likes

Gotcha! Thank you. Thank makes sense to me.

1 Like

Have a look at cannabinoids and there favorit solvents
From the public domain solvents methanol has the highst cannabinoid affinety
Restek.com has som refrance
And Some french papers have Some info
Got to search for that link thou

1 Like

Great tek works well , i do have a few questions if anyone can chime in , my crystals are comming out yellow. now i know i need to rinse them with cold pentane but after doing so the insides and middle are still yellow. How would one battle this ? I want to tet as clean and pure as possible . Also looking for proper drying time and tek ive got a small batch in the oven at 100 f and under vac yet a day later still “wet”

2 Likes

@nate_concentrate are you breaking your powder up? How thin are you spreading your isolate in the drying pan? In my experience with recrystallizing other compounds, increasing surface area of the powder helps drying.

I’d love to hear others input on this as well…

2 Likes

@munkdooligan going to do more today after my crude runs , but i have broken The crystals up and have done a wash I just lost some , as well as the drying i did crush them and stil in vac at 100 under full vac still sticky/wet after 3 days maybe they are not pure enough like i mentioned they atill have a color tint not yellow as much but still a bit of a color diff compared to pure white

Have you tried recrystallizing? That color you’re describing seems to be standard with the dirt cheap ($6-7k) Isolate I’ve been coming across lately with COAs between 90-93%. That stuff clumps together and is slightly sticky like you’re describing. Recrystallization would probably affect your yield less than rinsing the hell out of it trying to get that color out.

3 Likes

Gunna try today just trying to minimize my loss of CBD to the milk

2 Likes

The cold pentane washes will not be able to clean up the impurities inside the crystal, unless you smash them up. Definitely sounds like you’ll have to recrystallize if you want to have large, clean crystals. High surface area and low airflow are the keys to beautiful recrystallization. Just curious, why do you want large crystals though? Crystalline powder generally has more uses in production.

2 Likes

First I would like to thank all of you smarter than me people making this information exchange possible. I have found it interesting and very informative.

So I would like to go “From Crude to Isolate” … Directly
What is the tek involved to go from clean cryo Etho de-solventized Crude directly to Isolate? No SPD, no wiped film, no distillation at all.
I know the tek exists but nobody is talking or writing about it at all.
Does anyone have a cost effective viable solution?

1 Like

Bump?

Not sure what you mean?

Oh I was bumping the thread, as I too am curious about this method. I’ve heard of this before, but like you I haven’t seen a tek or anything for the method. In theory, there should be a way. I’m just not sure if people or actually doing this or if it’s just mental masturbation at this point.

1 Like

Oh! Idk how I missed this thread. THC isolation from crude CBD oil

2 Likes

Its the same as starting with distillate. Create a supersaturation and crystallize. Your starting potency needs to be as high as possible and you will have to ensure your source crude is fully decarbed. You are going to get really dirty/low potency isolate starting with crude and will need to recrystallize several times.

1 Like

Hi,
What return are you getting with that outlined procedure? I am curious if the larger Crystal’s generally yield more than the fine powder and if so, is it worth the time?
I think it’s worth exploring and thought I would reach out here.

Anyone heard of the “Eisenhower” crude plant.
5000L/day or ???
Couldn’t find anything about it online.