Freeze Dryer Vs. Vacuum oven for drying ice water hash?

Good Afternoon All,

Hope this finds you well.

In the ice water hash making process has anyone out there tried to by-pass the use of a freeze dryer and just use a regular freezer and vacuum oven combination in order to achieve sublimation in the frozen material?

Thank you

Hey Tyler? Are you part of any cool clubs?

7 Likes

First rule of rosin club is we don’t ever talk about rosin club. :disguised_face:

14 Likes

The Secret Organization of Rosin

4 Likes

Of course they have!

I’ve even heard tell of using a rotovap. sublimation is sublimation.

4 Likes

Come to Lou’s bar, we can discuss further in person.

2 Likes

2nd rule of rosin club, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT ROSIN CLUB.

3 Likes

It’s the project mayhem side of things.

2 Likes

I figured as much…sublimation is sublimation. I will be testing it out next week. Too much speculation and theorizing around the shop.

2 Likes

@Tylerdurden How did it turn out?

2 Likes

hey guys if u wanna make quality live rosin or full melt you defiantly need a freezer dryer. point blank there is no question.

with that said you can absolutely make without one but it will always be sub par to those who do, obviously input material and setup play a huge role also

trying to use a vac oven on solventless in 2021 is a joke
harvest right is your best freind

7 Likes

You are right.

1 Like

It was a mess. The vacuum oven needs to be cold like the harvest right freeze dryer, there was no sublimation.

2 Likes

Roto with a dry ice and alcohol slurry.

You can even pull every last drop in a giant seperatory funnel under the collection flask for terp capture

2 Likes

A regular kitchen freezer does a decent job of drying out bubble hash if you are not in a hurry. The same hash that ends up almost black when dried at room temperature will come out a nice pale color when dried in a freezer. I am still experimenting with timeframes, right now at about 2 to 3 weeks in the freezer and then a day or two in a room temp cabinet.

Freezer burn?

Im excited to try the new friited filter + vacuum filtration drying combo!