Free Work - Cautionary Tale

Trust no one

1 Like

The last group of people i helped ended up costing me 8k to keep the rent going for 4 months, we produced 50kg of seed, all of which was " unviable " so i was told.
After that we produced flower again the seller took it and then a few weeks later said " it is not good and has some mould, so i have thrown it away "
60kg of fkn flowers…
Basically i was taken for a patsy and robbed twice is the long and short of it.
Now i do everything alone. lol

3 Likes

spin lame

This is peak professional talk for “fuck you” and I’m using it from now on.

8 Likes

It’s so versatile, and you can use it anywhere.

Even in church :innocent:

7 Likes

I’ve been down that road o-too-often, these are great suggestions.
@TheGratefulPhil stay positive and keep kicking ass!

2 Likes

17 Likes

This my approach with everyone now…even if my own mother called me for a consult lol

For every new project (even if it’s a return client) I offer a free 15 minute phone call. Sometimes 30 minutes…just like a lawyer. Then everything after that is quoted in an SOW with Service Agreement that requires 50% down upon signature. I provide a timeline with ETA’s on each deliverable. Every phase of the scope specifies a cap on hours of labor. Additional hours are billed between $50-250 per dependent on an array of factors. Every agreement includes disclaimers and obligatory payment in full regardless of how bad they are at following directions. If they fuck everything up after I leave they still pay me!

Make certain all agreements are electronically signed by all parties before engaging. And make damn sure all revisions or amendments to agreements are discussed via electronic email chain and also signed electronically.

And last but not least INVOICE, INVOICE, INVOICE…

2 Likes

Consider yourself lucky. My dumb ass took a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of hard knocks classes before learning the process.

6 Likes

all too true

Cautionary Tale?

is that where I sign for my Free Wook?

8 Likes