Fraction Finder Reviews

No, the best product is the product that offers best value for money to the consumer
If my yields suffer i need to charge more. If the market supports that, fine.
One could argue that the “impurities” might contribute to the psychoactive effects as well.
I understand there is “biggest dick” thing going on with this whole purity thing, but if you want 100% pure material, just put down a big chromatographic skid and get it over with.

Honestly, I would love to throw some support and assistance behind this effort. I personally never had an issue with @spdking until this thread. But now it’s a bit personal if what @Zack_illuminated is saying is true. :slight_smile: I’m still waiting to see if the daVinci actually works as advertised.

4+ years ago I was with a friend picking up an SPD from him. I had just left my longtime career in aerospace and was looking for ways to apply my knowledge to the Cannabis market. @spdking spent over an hour with me in his Santa Cruz warehouse explaining that what I was proposing (color / absorbance patterns) for trying to determine fractions was 100% impossible.

I shouldn’t have listened back then :slight_smile: I’ve since found in this industry to never take someones input as fact.

@Zack_illuminated - What is your plan for the DaVinci? Open source patented? I saw patent pending, but you have stated on open-sourcing. Just wondering what your future plans are for this, as I would love to assist and support if it ends up going the OSS route.

6 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the interesting read. How can you use the same sensor to do fluorescence measurements? Ideally you want the detector to be perpendicular to the light source. Also, how can you detect fluorescence with ambient light from the room? Not that it can’t be accounted for and subtracted out, but one of the unique advantages is the inherent sensitivity of the measurement (a fraction of the photons). Won’t you just drown out the measurement unless you put it in a dark box?

2 Likes

We have a option that deletes room light and only triggers on related uv it’s looking for. Do you want to sample a ff?

1 Like

image In an old English poverty voice akin to Tiny Tim

4 Likes

If there is anyone local to Colorado with a summit ff, we can setup a demonstration to where we connect them in-line together and compare the results live.

Again, we have never once lied about the capacity of our system or how it works. It was the sole source of data to which I was able to use to isolate GOOD terpenes from SPD heads fraction. COA in hand. VERY EASY TECH. But without our DaVinci Sensor, dialing in that SOP would have been absolutely impossible (as everyone still believes to be the case).

It operates on a very simple concept that might be too simple for some to understand. Your phone or computer monitor operates on the RGB specra which is perfectly capable of creating a broad spectra of shades to which the naked eye has a difficult time discerning one shade to the next at only 16.9 million colors. Our sensor detects just under one Quadrillion combinations of the RGB spectra, identical to your phone, and from this can detect very very subtle shifts absolutely impossible to see to the naked eye. It is these shifts of the light we have been able to identify as specific products as no two items in the world are identical, not to the Visible Spectrum nor any other. For instance, Oxygen has a slight blue tint compared to Nitrogen. It is from here, combined with a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) plot of 100 samples every 3 seconds that is continuously plotted as both a horizontal intensity based and vertical peak based methods. This data then over a 10 to 30 second period tends to give a solid ID to the product your observing enough to tell water from ethanol from heptane with ease.

After all, how did anyone successfully operate a SPD before electronics? Head temperature, Mantle temperature, Vacuum Pressure, and VISUAL COLOR as it came across the condenser / cow.

We started with the Patent so as to protect ourselves commercially while open sourcing the tech for home use / hobbyist use. If someone makes a product to which they then want to use our technology that is no longer for hobby use, then the patent comes into play along with licensing fees.

Personally I feel this could become something absolutely amazing if it were not just myself working on the project. I have no need to lock my code down and not show how it works. I want you to take it that one step further to make it all it really can be! Many minds are always greater than the one. We can easily add UV Fluorescence to it if needed, its just a matter of a modified 3d printed case to allow the perpendicular source / sensor angle and a UV LED - and our sensor already resides in a very dark (carbon black) box. :sunglasses:

@BR-Instrument @blackie @Apothecary36

8 Likes

1p1iq91

4 Likes

Looking forward to checking out the repo!

3 Likes

You keep talking about patents, so what I’m hearing you say is if someone already had a patent for what you suggested doing you definitely would respect that and not try and duplicate it right, becusee you wouldn’t want someone to copy your colorometry device either…?

1 Like

You and your patents man; you need a “Patent Nazi” title.

8 Likes

Honestly, I would absolutely love it if people would copy my device! The whole point of open sourcing it is so that they CAN COPY our technology for personal and hobbyist use (which can include a private use device {even produced by a third party company} that is not sold publicly) all day long!!!

So we both apparently dropped a SPD sensor within days of each other; OK, I can handle that. My sensor operates completely different than your system; you have said so yourself. Two competitors with completely different technologies who can in fact compete with each other on a whole different level. I have no problem with a competitor with a similar product that operates completely different than ours. That is called life. There will always be competition with everything you do in life.

Therefore, I am completely down to play; I enjoy competition… Lets get with a Colorado local who has a ff and setup a side by side with a DaVinci Sensor!!! There has to be at lest one person in the state with one of your units who would be interested in a side-by-side demonstration!!!

I’ll even bring party favors! :rofl: :wink:

15 Likes

5 Likes

@VapeJet lets co-ab! I am 100% down!!! The HARDEST part is finding someone who wants to work together these days! Its all been nothing but ME ME ME and I I I… what ever happened to WE WE WE!? ?? ??? !!! !!!

Collaboration has always been the #1 way to surpass the current standards!

7 Likes

I don’t want to overcommit, but I am 100% down. I’m eager to see the data collection back-end to see if I can offer up any guidance on that side.

Also, are you planning on making the data-set public and are you gathering the data on the backend somewhere? I can see this being a useful application for some tensors :wink:

3 Likes

Previously, all data that I needed to prove my system was kept private and in house until our unit was released public; though that is all about to change with this new release! If you would like to verify the same data in a new condition I would be more than happy to oblige as we had performed a multitude of tests in various environments in order to verify our results are not affected by the environment.

As it stands with the Open Source listing, we will give ALL data that is parent to its operation to all users free of charge. Schematics (DipTrace), 3d print (AutoCad Inventor) - IPT and STL, Propeller Chip Source Code (SPIN/Assembly), Windows Source Code (Visual Basic)… Parts Lists, etc.

Literally everything I used to develop the product will be included in this Open Source release that is Free to Copy and use for personal and hobbist use!!! To include Fluorescence vs Absorbance UV data and more! I will gladly share every last bit of information used to create this product for personal and hobbyist use, all day long!!!

Edit: We had a web forum with data logging capacity but it was deleted with our recent webpage updates. I have not yet figured out a way to make it again due to our template… To me, I feel it is important for all users to be able to freely share their data in order to maximize the developmental end of a system. I personally feel this feature is essential to any products core development!

8 Likes

Please, open your source and release upon us.

3 Likes

What light color sensor chip is used in the Davinci?

1 Like

Can the device work with pure terpenes that are water clear? Or do they need to have color in them to differentiate fractions?

3 Likes

Hey so I spoke with James from arometrix.

He said it would be tough to identify low concentrations of cannabinoids. I wanted to use this as a supplemental tool to my thc remediation. Sounds like it might not work. Also I was told that the c1d1 version is months out. Would love to grab one and play around with but it looks like its not ready to do the job that I want.

6 Likes

Is the fraction finder capable of helping to separate D8 & D9 ?