Fraction Finder Reviews

Yes, our GC runs all day every day. I’ve been thinking of possibly buying two or three more and ganging them together so we can run more samples per unit time per operator.

That’s how I knew what I was putting into the arometrix when I found out that it wasn’t doing (for me) what it was advertised and sold as doing.

That’s somewhat irrelevant to this discussion, though.

10 Likes

Not really, it’s programming based on their physical limitations as hardware.

Once you understand the hard ware limits …

has helped program for GC, and still in my spare time working a personal project for HPLC devices.

I bet two different hplc/gc owners / operators have big variations too

that’s why you have to validate testing SOPs across multiple instruments and facilities

4 Likes

Yeah, operator variance is definitely a thing. That’s why we have SOPs and calibration standards and standard methods and validations. I also see this as irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

It seems to me that your position is fundamentally this:

Obviously a $5,000 or $9,000 device can't replace an $40,000 HPLC and trained operator - which is imperfect anyways - if you expect that result just because the vendor suggested that's the case, that's on you.

It's reasonable to expect that every customer who buys something from a vendor should have the baseline knowledge of the finer details of the sensor types to know that the thing you're buying probably can't actually do what the vendor is claiming it can do? And the vendor gets a pass and the consumer "should have known?"

I’m just a dumb mechanical engineer. If it’s got sensors and electrons flowing through it, I have to trust the vendor at a certain point. There’s only so much due diligence one can do.

4 Likes

Damn who is that quote from?

Im stating youre like cyclopath as a “beyond” normal operator and super user reminds me again why I’m here.

That’s my paraphrased understanding of the position you seem to hold on this matter. Am I incorrect?

To my knowledge, at no point have I ever stated that I am better or smarter than anyone else here. Especially here.

5 Likes

I’m just saying. The expectations don’t match the above average operator. Lol

I think you’re welcome to the criticism of their marketing. 100%

futurama-philip-j-fry

QUOTE OF THE YEAR FROM THE MOST SKILLED CHEMIST ON THE FORUM!!! USA USA USA USA USA!!!

5 Likes

Is it an unreasonable expectation that something a vendor sells should do what they claim it can do?

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

I agree entirely there is a gap and opportunities to resolve.

They’ve programmed it to do as they claim. Whether you can verify it third party device is ehhhhh

That’s literally 100% of my position.

Item A is sold as “does X”

It sure looks like Item A does not actually do X.

At best, in some situations, it looks like it might approximate X reasonably well for some people. It appears that it likely does not adequately approximate X for me.

If item A instead does M, N, O, P, really well - great.

I bought it to do X. I’ve invested a substantial amount of my time and money trying to make it do X, figure out why it apparently does not do X, and what kind of handstands and witchcraft I would need to do to make it do X.

I believe I’ve purchased in total one extraction finder and two fraction finders trusting that they would do X. That’s approaching the $20k territory, which is a fuckload of money for peasants like me. That’s two more SRI units or another employee.

I have little need of M, N, O, or P. Others find those things useful? Great, good for them.

5 Likes

I now see the actual frustration, you were sold it would be an aid before third party testing? Like an alternative to HPLC / GC -FID / MS

I relate, thats a lot of money.

It has consistently been marketed as “tells you when it sees cannabinoids. Use this to optimize your extraction timing parameters etc”

So, yes.

2 Likes

I’m so so on that quote applying to pre testing or being an alternative for anything outside of spd functions but I at least read and understand now. Have a good afternoon. Snow day and family illness freed me up just recently.

Lmao sorry. Did you need a rosin finder?

#teamofftopicneedsattention

Have a better day dude!

That’s literally what the “Extraction Finder” is supposed to do. The arometrix website is down, but some of their marketing materials are still findable:

Pulled from here this PDF: https://arometrix.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Arometrix-Technology-Overview.pdf

Pulled from this PDF: https://cascadesciences.com/wp-content/uploads/Brochures/Overview_forCascade.pdf

4 Likes

Maybe, but I sure as fuck didn’t need a bullshit finder to know you’ve been talking out your ass!

Look at that grammar, bb. You got thump’d early today huh? I’m sure there’ll be a workshop coming up soon full of people who don’t know you who you can big brother until they realize who you are like OKC.

3 Likes

This is literally the most amazing marketing education moment ever on not over selling or underselling a product.

Lmao I’d hate to sell you something but I kinda wanna see what good reviews look like.

Like this:

Or this:

2 Likes