Concerto Vacuum Controller review

I’ve been looking for a vacuum controller for a while, and was actually thinking of building a similar system myself.

I got a screaming good deal on one of these Concerto controllers and I’m lazy so I took a chance on it instead of banging my head against building something similar.

It’s presently primarily connected to our rotary evaporator, but is also connected to a vac oven and another line that goes wherever it needs to.

I’ve only used it minimally myself, but the extraction tech who has his hands on it most of each day is extremely happy with it.

Thus far, it does what it says on the tin. We can enter recipes or setpoints, and it’s basically a set it and forget it type of thing if you know what you want your process to look like.

At full MSRP it would be a bit hard for me to justify, but now that I’ve played with it, I think that at $4000 or $4500 it would be well worth the purchase price.

8.5/10, would buy again.

10 Likes

Discovered something about this that would be nice if it were different, though it doesn’t change my overall rating of the device.

Per the spec sheet - which didn’t get read before the techs tried using it - the vacuum measuring range is 2 to 760 Torr.

Which means it doesn’t read and control deep enough to run a short path.

If you want deep vac, you’re going to need a different controller.

Oh well.

1 Like

Deep vacuum is a different animal. I’m so glad you’re pleased. :raised_hands:

I have looked in the past (albeit briefly) and didn’t see any controllers for sale that are accurate below 1 micron. Let me know if anyone has the plug on a deep vac controller!