Foodie thread

Looks amazing!!!

1 Like

It’s like spicy salmon candy! :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Oh, I can smell it…

2 Likes

I think we were discussing freshwater fish that taste good somewhere; this is walleye

14 Likes

I have an extra quart jar of ghost pepper, dehydrated powder. Organic, from my garden…its yours if you have a use for it.

3 Likes

I’m not one for food presentation. In fact, I’m admittedly shitty at it. Without further ado:

Steak night with some NY Strips. Shouts to my pops for the cast iron grill pan, but probably could’ve upped the temp for a better sear before finishing in the oven.

Enoki mushrooms. Some favorites of mine I haven’t seen in this thread. You can get them to a stir fried noodle consistency & they still soak up incredible flavor for how slim they are.

Cheated with a Costco salad, but you need this dressing in your life- it’s phenomenal with salmon.

Plated.

Kudos to my boys for helping out.

6 Likes

I’m sure we can work out a trade. Working on getting a good sauce from dried peppers. They just don’t have the flavor of the fresh ones.

And for those who are waiting on care packages from me, life blew up on me a bit. Should have them out before the end of the week. My apologies.

3 Likes

Still need croutons…soooooo

Sometimes even @breadwinner gets lucky

Keep your chins up

5 Likes

have you tried Green, Eggs, and ham?

6 Likes

WTF

Is that green slime, or curdled/broken green colored hollandaise?

ding ding!

broken “holidays sause” as the kids liked to call it. dyed green for halloween.

that there be “gangrenous monk on toast”

or “ogres eyeballs” or some such.

3 Likes

That’s what it looks like coming out the other end after I eat green food coloring. Lasts about a week, too. Not a fan of unnatural food coloring.

Lower temps and mix more. Or was to hot for too long

I’ll use chlorophyl next time.

2 Likes

No CRC!

1 Like

Spirulina and chlorella work well, too.

driver got distracted by her dab…

2 Likes

yep. like I said. chlorophyl. promise. :wink:

I was more specific, but backed down…because I might not have spirulina or spinach around. but substitute chlorophyl sources abound. even if I have to use &^%^&!*#@)($ hemp :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s what I’ll be using to make my jalapeño pepper jelly a more appealing color of green. I’m fine with the natural color, but consumers seem to want more…

I’ll update when I do my next batch.

3 Likes

I’d love to try that over some lamb!! Whenever you come up, you have to bring some, and I’ll cook the lamb!

1 Like