Floraplex Terpenes

Couldnā€™t think of which Floraplex thread to post this in, but Iā€™ve recently had the luxury of using some of the terpene isolates offered by Floraplex while on a job and though I canā€™t comment on how they stand up against other terpene isolate providers I can say that they all smell rather pleasant when open, and the flavors imparted by the blends of isolates are all extremely pleasant. The only thing I donā€™t like about the large bottles is trying to get the plug out. Iā€™ve broken two of the rings you pull on when removing the plug. Not sure if thatā€™s user error or a design flaw though.

I canā€™t wait to get home and try out the samples that are probably already waiting for me at this point.

4 Likes

Thanks for the review! I really love linalool and citronellol. :rosette::lemon::tangerine:

I have had a few tussles with those plug rings too! Finally figured out the trick. Iā€™ll see if we can get a video uploaded to show removal of the plugs without breaking the rings. The trick is to pull slowly while slowly wiggling the ring back and fourth, donā€™t pull directly backward (like opening a can of cat food) or it will break.

Weā€™re working with our supplier on this. Itā€™s a common trait of these type plugs.

4 Likes

Yeah, my method later ended up being pulling up on the ring while using a thin tool or fingertip to lift thr edge of the plug simultaneously, spreading out the tension.

As for the ones I broke I was able to slide a thin tool between the plug and container and use leverage from the tool while pulling at the lip of the plug with my fingertip. I am concerned Iā€™m slowly destroying the plugs though. Is it possible to get replacement plugs?

1 Like

No problem, shoot us a DM

What are those Amped up products about?

Amped Up flavor :yum:

2 Likes

Why 13% terpens ? I see you are using 87% dist and 13% terpens, is there a downside to using 7-8 % terps and 92-93% distilliate or is it more cost issue?

thank you

its just what my buyers like I did 12, 13, 14 and they picked 13

4 Likes

Is your Diluent suitable for rosin carts?

Your calculations are slightly off but ok
Yust make sure when adding terps you have it right
87% distillate. Is 13 % other cannabinoids and unknowns =100%
92% distillate is 8 % cannabinoids and unknowns = 100%
Adding terps by volume of the 100% number

3 Likes

My current mix is

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the uber thick by itself? Just to note taste, harshness, effect?

1 Like

yeah i am def curious as far as taste goes i noticed the diluent taste good in the sample pack i got the thickener taste like bridal bouquet if you add even a little amount, really not happy and actually pretty upset with that purchase i used like 1 or 2 ml of the thickener and i paid like 500 for a bottle i will probably never use im scared to try the uber thick in fear of tasting just the thickener

when mixed in my mix you cannot taste it at all but if you put it straight in a cart it has a plastic taste

sorry just being honest

edit and this is the opinion of 3 people. I put 500ml in a half g cart an ikrusher ac1014

3 Likes

I mixed some distillate I had at 50% with the uber thick to test it and didnt notice any change in flavour at all. It doesnt smell like anything at that mix, but I had a weird headache after and I only ever get headaches from smoking tainted weed. Never normallyā€¦ I cant vape that mix either now. Its gonna have to get turned into edibles. Been experimenting with CDT formulas, gotta get on trying everything else flavourwise with floraplex. The regular thickener definitely has a smell (it is made of terpenes) and didnt seem thick enough to actually thicken anything in my opinion. I honestly am not really sure what its place is in the grand scheme of things. Im not.really into.cutting though. Makes more sense to keep it thick as possible while still having a flavour. Most advantageous outcome for all imo. Carts last longer, people get higher, less leaks and actually cheaper if you use CDT. Thought it would be cool to keep the other aspects of the thiccness while modulating thc levels, but I dont think I ever want to do that with the cut again. Next time I will just be trying some cbdā†‘ distillate. I really want to know what the uber thick is now. No one here has lab tested it yet and I definitely cant afford to, floraplex isnā€™t saying right now either.

Iā€™m just imagining you pouring a straight pint of the stuff into one of those half gram cartsā€¦ I would pay to watch that actuallyā€¦ Lmao oh man, wheres my honey and old carts?? :joy:

3 Likes

500mg I may or may not have consumed an edible 2 hours ago

5 Likes

Never be srry for being brutally honest Tom at least you were in fact honest and helpful thanks bud

2 Likes

getting uber thick got worked out with floraplex great company to deal with after my experience 5 starsā€¦ i love the terp profiles best i had but the thickener needed get replaced with a better option and iā€™m glad they did

3 Likes

curious on what you think of the origial vs the uber thick

3 Likes