First try at diamonds, advice needed, please

Buncha whiners lol.

Even before I had an account here, I lurked for about a year soaking in as much as I could from everyone. Seems a lot of new people just want to jump in and get hand outs from the get go.

Edit: cuz I can’t spell

7 Likes

Same. And not making myself look like a total dunce.

ALL THE INFORMATION IS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS…GET SCROLLING.

5 Likes

I think it comes from man’s natural desire to take the easy route in life. It’s ok to take the easy road when you can do so honorably. Being lazy is not honorable.

I was here for 6 months reading before I ever decided to speak up. So much value in reading as much as you can here…

11 Likes

Nah, I’ll just beg for it and cry when it’s not given to me on a silver platter.

8 Likes

I feel you! I came knowing jack mother fucking shit… I had a concept of etho, and vaguely of lpg… I didn’t know shit (still don’t know shit), but I DID/was able to discern that the FB groups were filled with mostly cocksuckers. Fuck, I read and read and read, and continue to read and read. I’m glad the way things worked out because I found a place with a bunch a like minded righteous ass mother fuckers that I am more than proud to call/consider friends, or acquaintances!

5 Likes

I too lurked for many months, reading and reading. Finally when I needed to ask something or felt I had a bit to contribute to a newcomer, I made an account and slowly began partaking on the forum.

A lot of us came here and have leveled up significantly as the result…a lot of us know each other in real life and have walked this path together. So there is a tight group of regular members here, who uphold some form of community standards…as it should be

11 Likes

Curious if this “seed crystal” thing is necessary and where it is proven that this works every time and a scientific explanation as to why this works. I am going to continue reading the thread. I like the post as well but I did not see any replies. Thank you for the info.

google nucleation point.

6 Likes

thats really not a bad idea, wen u have all ur solvent recovered like in the pic. do another run on top of it, ide do 2- 3 runs into ur base. if u recover to much or lose to much solvent u can add more anytime from ur tank…(wen using a jar, u can literaly put the jar up to the spout and add back however much u need). or if ur in the oven for a week and u lose to much solvent just hook up your line and add sum back start the clock over.

4 Likes

Great input… and greatly appreciated. I actually went ahead a bought a diamond miner but just haven’t had the time to play with it yet. I have to keep up with patient requests with shatter and crumble so interrupting processing time to play will have to be timed right. it is good to know I was not completely off base and if I can get patients interested in diamonds the little miner I bought will not suffice

1 Like

At your Step 2 I "medium"tighten & cold crash in dry ice for 2 days always topping off dry ice… Then move on to your Step 3 & follow Step 3 & Step 4 according. Because of the cold crash I don’t do step 5 . But then follow your Step 6 accordingly & get significant crystal growth. Now comes the questions @Soxhlet Your Step 7 is 2-3 burps per week until the jar flat lines. How much of a cap turn? How long do you burp the jar for? One slower longer quick small burbs? Ect. You have helped change my game up with jartek & hope to hear a response.

This is not my first try no more.
Thanx glg, tobias

1 Like

Turn the cap until the internal pressure is released, then retighten. Near then end of the Dimond growth you will need to vent the jar more often and for longer period of time.

you could probably kick that up to 1 time daily or more if you had a more controllable way to release the pressure.

ideally if you could release small increments of solvent it would be a more gentle transition tward supersaturation.

5 Likes

@Soxhlet thank you for your knowledge.

3 Likes

Here’s some pictures. I’m now over 100 jars strong. Extracted from hand trim, trimmer material & fresh frozen.

1 Like

4 Likes

So get to googling!

Yes, there is a scientific explanation for how and why it works. No it is not nessecary. It can certainly help.

You can play with sugar to prove it to yourself…

3 Likes

I found this very very cool youtube video…

Now someone please make the same video on nonpolar crashing…

3 Likes

“So long as you have a controllable heat source and a spoon…”

6 Likes
4 Likes