First try at diamonds, advice needed, please

Is your oil terp heavy or do you have a lot of residual butane in their? Is there pressure built up in your jar from evaporating tane?

1 Like

Congrats! Did you pull any vac on it while in the oven? Thank you for posting !

2 Likes

If you are replying to my diamond post, yes I placed the diamonds and Terps in the oven at -17hg for a couple days until I couldn’t see much reaction from the butane under vac

5 Likes

There is residual butane/propane inside my jar, also it seems to be very terp heavy. Either that, or I haven’t formed enough crystals yet. Yes, there is pressure inside, I have not burped it for 2 weeks. There has since been a bit more crystals forming inside since my post.

1 Like

Ok well ur almost there…DO NOT OPEN!!!
Give another week, they should start forming more and more…

U want a slow evap,so residual solvent is a good thing if ur on the first main seal!

When it crashes that liquid inside will darken a lil and be very thin bc tons solvent still in it!!!

1 Like

Sorry to get tedious, but did you recover your collection pot into vacuum pressures? Is your lid bulged up or just tight?

Your on the edge of the meta stable zone, which is great for larger slow growth. If you want smaller more numerous crystals faster you have to edge towards a more saturated solution. This is accomplished primarily in two ways. a)Removing the solvent portion of the mixture through evaporation, b)reducing the temperature of the solution.

I opt for temp manipulation usually as it preserves terps if your solvent is primarily from the cannabis vs tane, as well as the time factor, rather not have a solution sitting for weeks if my end goal is not boulders.

Depending on the variety/solution extracted if crystallization is desired my parameters can change as much as 100f or more and not going below waters freezing point. Unless im specifically going for boulders a week maybe 2 is plenty of time, if you okay with something super grainy like 710dabtek posted earlier in this thread than can usually be accomplished in less than a day or two tops.

Here are some graphs I made to help visualize.

16 Likes

It took me 4 weeks to grow those crystals.

I’d be interested to see some pictures of the diamonds you’re producing with that method

It’s sugar …idk why ppl call that diamonds,ur not getting diamonds within couple days…I get sugar quick, but I still let it sit another week for the entire batch to finish sugar crystal

8 Likes

You can get faceted diamonds in a couple days I’ve done it before not sugar. I know people who have a full bottom by day 10 I’m just not one of them haha

4 Likes

I agree with this too. I got a homie doing Pyrex tech and getting big faceted diamonds in 3-4 days.

12 Likes

They something they not telling us though, something aiding in the process…there must be…
And why am I finding it’s always a friend that does miracles!
There must be a catch is all I’m saying…Pyrex pan in nitro filled oven? Something

9 Likes

I’ve actually never tried the Pyrex method but yeah nitrogen backpresure is probably the answer

3 Likes

For me some strains make diamonds faster, I don’t have a method to get faceted diamonds that fast and I don’t want sugar.

3 Likes

From what the homie tells me. No nitrogen. The remaining solvent in the mix makes all the pressure you need. Just place it in the oven at 80F sealed for 2-3 days. Then bump it up to 85f.

3 Likes

I normally purge first…but other day I stuck some down by placing bubbling oil in jar and sealing, then placed on temp

I’m gonna give it shot, but I’ve done this before, but I didn’t use proper heat

1 Like

What kind of lid is your buddy using to get a tight seal on that pyrex dish?

He is not using a lid. He is using the oven as an oversized jar.

Oh… he is a member here too. Maybe they will come from the shadows and post their exact sop but he has video conference me during his process a number of times. I haven’t seen him hiding any steps. Lol. :man_facepalming:t3:

9 Likes

@Killa12345 I hope so that would be really nice :blush:

5 Likes

Cascade botanical back purged with nitrogen would make diamonds no lid on Pyrex. Seems pretty simple just like making normal diamonds the actual oven is the miner though…

5 Likes