First time using Vac chamber - Bubbles :D

I’ve seen people open blast on a air conditioning condenser. Power was running to the AC at the time

3 Likes

eveything ive smoked was lit by butane, its not that bad but purging is a whole different thing.

My first open blast was in my kitchen. I purged it with a hair dryer… are you angry yet? haha

2 Likes

I’m dabbing though - glass bucket and what-not.

I’m glad you lived to tell the tale.

my bp did shoot up a little reading that

3 Likes

I used to make bubble hash but didnt enjoy it. I made open blast bho in my apt and it was great until I lit it on fire. I was using a lighter to purge the butane per instructions on another site.
That worked fine until a pool of butane happened

1 Like

I did the same on the second blast while I talked on the phone and made some tea. In the Kitchen too.

A whole half a can lolol

1 Like

I’m sorry you were what now?

I am… not technically minded nor scientifically minded but even my small cave brain knows dont put a lighter on exposed butane let alone an entire can of it.

I had it in a dish and id boil it off and then pop bubbles with a lighter. It worked and i had no concept of vac purge yet, it was awhile ago. It would make clear light yellow shatter. But I put it in the bathtub to warm it??? and next was a fireball with the shower curtain melting against me and me grabbing melting plastic and the worstt pain ever.

it was tek of the day posted on forums before graywolf invented closed loop.

my first run was with hardware acetone on schwag. Learn from others mistakes

Humble beginnings right? I am very sorry to hear about the misforune of having the burning plastic experience.

I have always taken a cautious approach to everything I’ve done in life. I didn’t know the full dangers of a Butane blast but I knew enough from the warnings on the sites to do it safely. So I blasted a half can, slowly. It’s not the right way to do it. But I did it. It worked out.

Now it’s still open blasting but outside. Purging but on low to no heat.

outside is fine, be aware of static, no wool socks in dry weather. no sockets on the ground, the solvent pools low and can stay a long time without airflow

Im kinda opposite on the risk spectrum. I was always the kid they had test out the new bmx jump but ive calmed down.

spend a few hundred and get a closed loop. I know better now and I dont feel safe running it at all, but you just have to manage it. I got a toy helicopter and if its within 50 feet of a person im shitting bricks.

Yeh so far it’s seemed fine. Lots of airflow and lot’s of open space without any clothes or sockets or anything that might cause an issue. Static is one I do fear though.

I’ll grind the herb and blast a full can for 28 grams and just let it purge. If it’s too cold outside I’ll use hot sink water. It’s thick pyrex so it only warms it a bit (not for safety but so I dont fuck up the extract)

Closed loop is going to require more than that though. It would need all the parts like the reclaim and vacuum pump n what-not right? Closed loop doesn’t sound like something you can operate in a small space.

get a closed loop. do you get your own startin material? Id sell you the parts but shipping costs more than the parts.

Plugs… illegal state… well illegal country… sometimes I get med from the government though but so far that shits been not fun.

what continent?\