First SPD Attempt feel free to lolz or help a brother out!

were-really-doing-it-harry

7 Likes

pics? care to elaborate on your setup and plan of attack?

might have a few pointers for ya…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Working up evacuation of the lower volatiles yet bumping temp 5 at a time muffin is getting smaller and smaller and micron reading is finally dropping

3 Likes

for starters
your going to want to wrap a portion of, if not all of your head and monitor temp until you reach desired temp.
boiling flask completely insulated as well, only peeling back to check progress.
I would fill cold trap at least 75% with DI and 20% isopropyl or ethanol.

is that a 2L? if so you’ll want a 250ml heads and a 250ml tails flask, plus a 500ml mains flask

what do you plan on loading? pics?

pump type?

what with the outlet on your cold trap? if you have a full bore setup why are you not going full bore all the way to the pump?

4 Likes

Waiting on parts for my foreline I’m jumping the gun cant wait lol I was at 100 mic dry run I’m doing a 250 ml with like 100ml in it

2 Likes

are you using a solvent in your cold trap?? i dont see any in the pic you posted,

looks good, insulate your flask and head. i have a glasscol fabric “cap” for the boiling flask and i always tin foil wrap my heads.

2 Likes

I got the rest ready to wrap was just showing mostly

1 Like

the chicken wire table top tho

6 Likes

I like to live dangerously…

2 Likes

Literally waiting on acetone lmfao I was hoping nobody would notice lmao

4 Likes

also, for safety, I would get those romex lines inside of conduit, and mitigate any other sources of spark as well, just in case, in case in case…

5 Likes

Very temporary, this is far from what I had planned thanks for everyone’s input

3 Likes

haha nothing gets past me :wink: throw some solvent in there once you get it and your golden, good luck!

2 Likes

well enjoy your first run :sunglasses: you just slipped into the biggest rabbit hole you will likely encounter in your entire life.

we are here for specific questions, but remember. the search bar is your friend, and if its been asked 1000 times already it may not be received as well :wink::upside_down_face:

7 Likes

First 3 best helpers get a free future 4200 mug lol

9 Likes

Mr poopybutthole mug for sure

3 Likes

I would not be here if it wasn’t for all you 420 saints

5 Likes

ooooo weeeee that mug is fire

1 Like

I’ll make whatever you want bro!!!

1 Like