First post. I know there won't be a answer for this in the search bar lol

Random high question. Do you think it’s possible to convert a bus into a legal c1d1 if you built it right? Would the bus be able to operate? Or would it have to at least be decommissioned and only the frame can be used if it was stripped of all mechanical parts? Thanx

5 Likes

Why not just a truck pulling a c1d1 container?
Welcome

15 Likes

Because it would be alot cooler :sunglasses:personally. I feel like it would add a little flavor into the world. you must become the box, not drag thr box​:grin:

5 Likes

please do paint it like this

32 Likes

Sure, sounds like a fun project for the sketch book. You ever get static electricity in your car? You might have interesting conversations with many insurance companies. Local and state ordnances will make for some complicated routes given our legally unique media. Few private property owners will embrace this vehicle. Don’t let other drivers have accidents with you. What kind paint theme, racing team, school bus, city bus, Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine? Spent a lot of time thinking about the bus/truck idea and @moveweight is right about the trailer. Still, considering these eccentric ideas can lead to some clever solutions and epiphanies.

2 Likes

Imagine one day people can consume cannabis like get on a coffee bus, sit down and watching flowers turn into distillate/concentrates.

4 Likes

Never got static electricity when driving. I barley drive cars though since I don’t own one. I only own a motorcycle lol. I think either a school bus or city bus. Which ever would be purchased at a lower price. Just thought bigger would be better. I read somewhere that you don’t want to have the chiller 3 ft away from other equipment. Maybe build like a wall gap inside . One side some equipment and the other side other equipment that can’t be in same room. Would be using cold ethanol extraction on it. Never thought about the paint idea. Just

And c1d1 containers cost to much. I would make one but Idk where I would find the guidelines to make one

I can assure one thing… doing a c1d1 vehicle is NEVER going to be more affordable or cost effective as a c1d1 built in a building.

If this was a dream you needed to do then sure but expect to throw way more money at the problem with engineers and all the red tape that will arise when you tell the fire Marshall i wanna build a bomb on wheels.

8 Likes

I mean food trucks usually have 100 lbs of propane and an open flame

3 Likes

Got will definitely put onto the back burner then lol. Just trying to figure a way to do this legally without having the big bucks for a facility. Been on here off and on for 2 months. Doing my best to understand this. I still got alot more reading to do. Going down the ethanol route as it seems like the best option cost wise from what I’ve been reading on here. Also from what I seen on I think if my memory is serving me right cyclopath had this basic but depth paper that was made 2018 and updated 2020. My end goal is making cbd distillate for health drinks. Debating cost wise if it would be more efficient to just start off by buying crude oil and learning to make it into distillate first, or just buy the cbd buds and turn that into crude oil and then into distillate. I’m from pa so starting off with cbd is a must. I’m not a chemist, so it’s a long road ahead In the beginning stages of thoughts. You guys will probally see some posts from but I will try my best and not ask to many baby questions for you smart folks lol

Just buy the disty it’s cheap af

4 Likes

I think propane has the lowest flammability range. Maybe that could affect the guidelines around it maybe?!?!?! Alot of these people are also using the whole plant though instead of just buds. I don’t think stems , leaves and branches should be in their at all. From what I read alot of these cbd drinks aren’t really true, to many corners cut. Who are the top cbd distillates creators on this site?

Also the very few cbd stores in my area don’t really have any products that are made local. Which is also a market to tap into here. I do want to get into the thc game, when it’s legal. For now I will stick to my baked goods. I’ve enjoyed making my treats lol

Propane is super sketchy. Its not a safer gas by any means.

Cbd disty is in fact made from crap material.

I’d hit up @Eskerium_Devin for some cbd live resin and use that to formulate with.

Or @AshevilleExtracts I believe also has fire xbd concentrates.

You want to formulate with raw extract. Fuck distillate. Take your extract and buy a consultation on turning it into water soluble powder.

4 Likes

Yeah and they require that propane to be outside and plumbed into a burner that is consistently burning off the propane never allowing it to off gas in the truck.

Does a food cart need to be c1d1? No

Have you EVER seen an open flame, igniter or kitchen appliances in a c1d1 space?

You are comparing apples to calculators.

1 Like

Not quite apples to calculators. I’ve had propane burners running for years until one day the hose gets cold and brittle and cracks. You can smell the odorized propane a block away luckily but there are still risks of gas leaks. I get it, it’s different. But there’s still a risk.

Food trucks dont require gas sensors the only gas sensor is your nose.

8 Likes

I do have many different cbd extracts with many different consistencys.

Yeah dude if you want to make infused beverages on a budget building out a custom breaking bad style extraction bus is not the most cost effective way to get there…sure it sounds cool but it would be a MASSIVE pain in the ass to build out with no guarantee of getting required certifications at the end of it.

I tend to agree with everyone else saying to buy the extract and go from there. You can get a kilo of CBD distillate or other extract for under $500, you’ll have to spend at least double that for a cheapo entry level short path setup that will not make very good distillate.

Also do some math about the scale you want to operate at. Sounds like a homebrew operation, you probably aren’t going to be moving thousands of units per month initially. If you wanted to make 100mg CBD beverages (pretty common target), one kilogram of 90% distillate will make 9,000 units. That would probably cover your first 3 months of sales. Once you have an established customer base and sales, then worry about scaling up the production and bringing the extraction in house. Don’t put the cart before the horse.

FINAL CONSIDERATION - do some math on the cost of the raw hemp material you have access to. While you are starting out with distillation assuming the material isn’t all top nugs, you are looking at a 5-10% final yield in distillate from starting biomass (really depends on potency of input). If 10-20kg of biomass would cost more than $500, you come out ahead by just purchasing distillate, not even considering the time and labor and equipment investment to turn the biomass into distillate.

5 Likes