First EHO diamonds-success

This was my first attempt at diamonds, using some old trim and jartek. Now that I know I can make it work, I’m going to do a fresh nug run for the next attempt. I’ve noticed the freshness makes a huge difference in the color for me.

16 Likes

What is your SOP?

1 Like

Extract at -50C.
Filter through #4 followed by #1 papers.
Rotovap at 35C.
Once condenser stops dripping, pour the contents of the flask into a jar and cap it. Put it on a cupboard shelf and wait 2-4 weeks

23 Likes

Should get a centrifuge and separate them! Good job btw best ones I’ve seen

5 Likes

Great success, I’m surprised this thread has no love. I’ll join you, I’m going to run two Live ones and report back from the SOP. Thanks for spreading the info!

8 Likes

Just finished running a live key lime pie, recovered until soupy and put in a jar. I noticed maybe 2-3 tiny stones at the bottom of the jar. Is it seeding itself instantly? Any thoughts help. Thank you :pray:

4 Likes

Pictures? Also im hungry now thanks

1 Like

Sorry my phones a toaster so I tried using it through a microscope so you can see what I mean. One of them actually looks like a seed :rofl:

Instant crystals? Or something else?

4 Likes

Wow that is verrycool

1 Like

My favorite method for ethanol diamonds is to cause nucleation in the recovered crude and then mechanically separate

7 Likes

Would you mind elaborating on how that works? Sounds intriguing!

4 Likes

It’s been about a week now and there’s many stones and they are starting to break the surface of the solvent, do I continue to leave it alone? Is it done? Should I add more solvent and wait another week or so?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for helping others try new things. I definitely had a fun time with it, hope some else does to!

4 Likes

Any more info on this? @Extractionguy

You know you can make thca out of rosin in a rosin press?

Like that but with nucleated crude

3 Likes