Ethanol Diamonds?

I have roto vap my ETHo down to about 5% and I’m seeing separation as seen in the pics. How can I purify my ETHo extract before going into the Jar Tek? TIA

1 Like

just to clarify.

the condensed solvent drips back down and “dilutes the mother liquor”…which means that it reduces the level of saturation.

4 Likes

thank you for clearing that up:)

Would I be able to introduce Pentane after RV and freeze for 2 days -86 and take to vacuum oven at 90 degrees? Would freezing the pentane give me any advantage or go straight to vacuum oven or diamond miner? Thanks so much in advance!

Does this mean that even if someone were to fuck up leaving a highly saturated level of ethanol based oil in a jar with a slim trace of ethanol the diamonds would be better than leaving more ethanol in a jar? Would you be able to get quicker formations with more saturated diamonds? This intrigues me. Like what if someone took 14 grams of super saturated ethanol crude and messed with reintroducing ethanol, for example 1ml per 14 grams of super saturated ethanol crude maybe there could be more diamonds.

As opposed to butane where you want it to be kinda like a liquid jelly film before you induce (heat) growth and not nearly as much saturation.

1 Like

Pentane is a magical ingredient. remove all ethanol, add pentane in a 1:10 ratio to the crude. No need to put in the freezer. leave uncapped. (obviously need proper ventilation)

5 Likes

@bg007 leave uncapped at room temp? or in an oven? just got some Pentane in :raised_hands:

1 Like

so… 10g of crude to 1g of pentane? or vice versa?

I can’T make any suggestions unless you have a safe place to use Pentane. Fume hood please!

1 Like

Do you have a fume hood? Safety First!

yes. lol

Use 10g crude (remove as much ETOH as possible prior to pentane addition) : 1mL pentane

1 Like

excuse my incredible terrible mistype. 1:1 ratio pentane : crude.

1 Like

Thanks bg. Could you please specify mass or volume?? like 1g crude:1mL pentane? or 1g crude:1g pentane? Pentane’s got a very low density so these two ratios are very different. Thanks again

1 Like

1g crude : 1mL pentane

3 Likes
3 Likes

The rich mono Terps share a similar boiling point to ETOH. Yes you are loosing terps. We are starting to do a liquid Co2 terp strip prior to ETOH extraction via a Ethos 6. Average temp of our ethanol at saturation in the system is -65c. Typical soaks will vary, but never longer than 15min.

1 Like

Hi, Can I DM you with some questions about the Ethos 6? started to work with one and no one in Capna is responding to questions.

The new stuff I brought into Carbon Chemistry when I worked there is decently neutral AC, albeit acid activated, @bg007 . Sorry for the late response. I just saw this.

1 Like

Bumping