Fire help thread

I see a lot of random help offerings and people needing things scattered around. Lets put it together.

Post up what area youre in and what you have to offer fire evacuees.

Post here if you need help like animal transportation or just a place to crash out while things die down.

Edit : Feel free to move to a better category

8 Likes

Im in the Eureka area and ive got a few nights in a hotel for a few people up there if theres any availability. Hit me up via DM

Pass it on!

@Future
@Killa12345
@Sidco_Cat
@Demontrich
and my non homo man crush
@Soxhlet
@Dred_pirate
@Concentrated_humbold

have summoned the powers to pass on the message. I feel like they know a lot of people.

10 Likes

I’m in eureka as well I have a truck and can assist with animal transport. Can’t help much other than that unfortunately.

8 Likes

Thats awesome of you, very kind. I will see if there is anyone in dire straights. :+1:

3 Likes

You guys all good? Did they evacuate you? If you guys need anything let me know

6 Likes

I have a spare room in LA but surrounding areas are getting evac warnings. I’m near the bobcat fire, unfortunately, but I doubt my area will get evacuated.

5 Likes

Our daughter has pretty bad asthma. She was having respiratory issues with even light smoke so we had to get out.

Thanks for the help. Ill be dropping my mother in law off any time now :slight_smile: Just kidding

8 Likes

Ya its definitely been smokey, im sure even worse where you guys are. Is your spot in danger of the fire as of now

5 Likes

Were looking pretty good so far unless new ones pop up. We have been very lucky this year!

Its been crazy smoky, Willits was dark as midnight at 3pm few days ago!

5 Likes

Ya same here, was using my headlights at 10am the other day. Now theres just ash all over my truck and gotta add some more intake filters

5 Likes

my heart goes out to you guys I wish I could help. if I prayed I’d pray but may the creator of all bless you guys after all this

8 Likes

I know what fire is like.

we had the entire state of victoria covered in smoke to the point that the health department

published it was unsafe to go outside with out a p2 mask.

my best wishes go with you.

2 Likes

eureka is north cali thats eucalyptus territory.

worst trees for bush fire there sap is like petrol its so flammable.

4 Likes

A pole barn can go up in a day once the poles are set. It’s also probably the best restart for many people here.

If anyone decides they want to do an Amish style barn raising, I think we can put together a crew here to knock it out in two days.

Some of you boys/girls with smokers are more than encouraged to volunteer to keep us fed

6 Likes

we have a bunch of rag weed smoke built up here in the central valley, its nasty out right now.

3 Likes

I’m in Colorado north of Denver, have a 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel & an 18’ car trailer that can move vehicles and equipment. I know the colder weather & precip early last week improved things somewhat but I know full well we’re not in the clear yet, have some friends up around Red Feather Lakes I’m hoping stay out of the path of the fires, my heart goes out to you guys in the bad fire areas in Oregon & Washington. Saw some video on Reddit a couple days ago where real life looked as bad as some apocalyptic video games I’ve played.

6 Likes

I have (4) 12’ x 12’ x 10’ modular labs. I have set them aside for the victims of the fires. Dm me. I have a special price for those people. :blush::us:

3 Likes

How about air quality concerns?

Seems like there should be a fair amount of overlap between odor reduction and filtration for grow rooms & improving the indoor air quality.

Who’s got the filter plug?

See also: Air Purification

4 Likes

I like the idea you gave me of water filtration for inside the house. I set up my pond bubbler with air stones in a 5 gallon bucket in the house. Can’t say I notice a difference (as they really aren’t moving too much air too fast), but the “mental duct tape” aspect is working wonders!

3 Likes