Filter Paper Preferences

A cls from killa w prv at tank,top column, and collection.

Don’t forget the nitro.

You could possibly even plumb it directly to the rotovap somehow for recovery if bho is just not an option.

Sure sounds like it would work

@FicklePickle this is pretty much what you did right. Just fill ur tank with Ethanol then cool it w dry ice and bump w n2. Ran in standard cls. Ethanol should be really gentle on the system honestly as long as you don’t try and recover. For some reason there’s an issue there I don’t understand

1 Like

@Killa12345

1 Like

Instead of chilling the tank I just pushed it through 100’ of coil. I honestly went overboard with the 100’, 50’ would be adequate as long as you’re using 99% isopropyl or acetone in the dry ice bath.

Running in a standard cls worked great, dry ice a jacketed column and you’re good to go

2 Likes

I don’t have the 6x24. I do have as many 6x12 though and the rest of the list probably

2 Likes

Okay just saw it was 6" and didnt look at the height when suggesting cls from killa. But maybe to small a 6"x12" for ethanol, around 2.7L/6lbs of ethanol i could run at a time minus what the kief or flower takes up of space, wich would be alot when doing flower, how much flower at a time when doing ethanol in it?

Cant totally decipher if thats too little, or fitting size for my needs.

not quite sure on how to do a feeding system with solvent, no clue almost.
was possible just a question that came up from stones rotovape thing i dont quite get.
But can you run your ethanol from one vessel that is larger and keep feeding ethanol through the filtration spool.

Or is it only, fill it up, blast it out, or does on do continous feeding?

What would a “ethanol run” 6"x24" spool cost that i could swap out when doing ethanol filtration, and use the 6"x12 spool for bho runs or vice versa , guessing the 6"x12" spool would be a suitable size for my needs when i in the future use it for bho.

been a expensive day, ruined my VWR advanced c-10hot plate, i was just testing it, just bougt the damn thing, i set it on 300degrees with nothing on it and i fell aleep like blackouted, now its garbage showing " E1" error means the heater sensor is open or malfunctioned."

…deleted

@StoneD what do you mean by as long as i dont try to recover? like when heating the butane to from the receiving vessel to the revover vessel ?

I’m sorry bro, I’m having a hard time understanding your questions. Can you articulate that a little better?

Are you asking how to use the cls for pressure filtration?

Maybe u can I’ve never did it. Someone told me once that ethanol has erratic boil but I have no idea

Can you use a cls to recover ethanol @Killa12345

Same as butane just crank recover heat to 160f-175f?

@FicklePickle tried to edit my message, did it help?

@StoneD okay if that what you meant no worries, just tried to understand. wont be trying to recover that way, wasnt in my thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Roguelab my new endeavour, think i understood alot more of this today, thanks to going of track for spd study.

but must get the standard buchner down first

1 Like

Whats your question with the buchner ?

basicly just what filter papers i should use, tho my main setup is for a fritted funnel but i also have porcelain

damn confusing looking on cole-parmer.co.uk or labunlimited.co.uk with tons of papers

properly also little unsure about what order to use em in, or when to use a fast or a slow

80 % if my filter papers used. Are coffee filters i cut to size
10% are felt bag filters i cut to size using a coffee filterabove to extend their use
10% are whatman 1 micron papers i use as a last filtration when using buchner

1 Like

if doin it all in a buchner what sequence should i use, thought was to use porcelain for sublinguall use, easier to clean, and maybe filter papers on top of fritted, and fast flowing pape ontop of cakes

Do most of your filtration needs with coffee filters or 25 mic papers fast flow
Your dewaxing when using floculation can also be done with this
When ever you use a bentonite
Pass 2x treu the same cake it has self filtering propertys
A-C is the hardest celite or fine washed sand or Quartz is needed
Get setup set and wet paper before use with some clean solvent of the same solvent your oil/solvent has
With the pump on you will have a visual of it beeing set good

2 Likes

Also AC and bento/celite 545 is the only used for edible end product right? if no distillation or other is done, just making a feco/rso oil better before end user

Sequence i use is i do all and everything with 25 mics
Until ready for last evaporate before spd then i do a 1 mic pass
I use a watch glass on top to spread the fluid evenly

Yes those are great for RSO
But again celite us not nessesary if you Place the A-C over the bento and pass 2x

2 Likes