FF extract smells like steam distilled terps. How to Ln2 biomass properly

And the terps went through the drying phase. The yield would be different because of the terps, right?

2 Likes

We are talking about weight of yield not the % of THC.
You had me thinking that using LN2 evaporated water but from the research I have done it does not. You never said it does but I assumed so based on your numbers.

4 Likes

If using LN2 improves my extractions(Iā€™m sure it will)I will call it BG305 LN2 Bucket Tek
I am thinking one of these attached to a 25L dewar but want to see if they make something cheaper. I have seen the little sprayers you fill for each use but they are small and looks like a lot more work.

2 Likes

We have gone over this here on the forum. I will look for the threads.

1 Like

Sorry my posts are long winded like me. If you take 400g wet material and extract from it it is not possible to yield 80g. 20% of 400g=80g.

3 Likes

I understand, I was just following up on your guess cause it seemed plausible at a glance.

Iā€™m into trying out the bucket tek, hope I can just pour some liquid instead of blasting it though!

1L per Kg?

Sweeeet setup ! Do you guys buck plants down before flash freezing?

Poor mans ln2 dry ice & etho, 55 gal drum able to withstand temps of course & a freezer vacuum sealed bag, give her a dip & ff that shit. Store properly & pack In proper atmospheres.

2 Likes

So has anyone done a yield comparison of the same material frozen in a conventional freezer vs frozen rapidly by immersion/blast chilling? The rumor is that yield would increase quite a lot but is it true?

I recently did a test on ln2 vs deep freezing at -40 C. The instantly frozen liquid nitrogen flower produced darker extract that the 25 lbs bags I put in the deep freezer. The deep freezer stuff even took over 24 hours to freeze in the center. I sprayed the liquid nitro using a phase separator hose. Could i have blasted the flower too much, breaking terpenes heads and damaging the bud structure, releasing chloraphil? Both were ran side by side, -65 C, no soak, 70/30 mixed gas.

3 Likes

I used to flash freeze with dry ice. I now just bag it and throw it in a chest freezer.

I used to worry about terp evaporation but itā€™s in a sealed bag that is frozen in a few hrs

I used to only cut one plant at a time worrying about the same thing. Now totes are cut down at once and sit around for a few hrs before being bucked and bagged

Literally ZERO difference in end product.

6 Likes

Smelling a concentrate doesnā€™t typically end up what it tastes like when diluted properly.

1 Like

Yea we move(d) everything in distro freezer vans, i didnt like going below 0 we set -10 as the max for drivers(turning off and regassing and such warms up pretty quick so a lil extra to avoid thawing) freezer burn is a thing and the colder you goā€¦ the moisture is already there temperature will do the rest. couldnt imagine how much is knocked off going thru that freeze process than bagging

1 Like

I got the same yields from liquid nitrogen freezing and deep freezing. Darker color from ln2. Youā€™d think itā€™d be the opposite

3 Likes

I found that it sublimates all the water thatā€™s exposed on the outside of the buds. No ice build up

2 Likes

How much biomass are you able to freeze with the 850gal tanker and the freeze tunnel? Just trying to figure it out to scale to our size grow.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all i ever do

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had terps form azeotropes with the moisture. What a mess. Toll processing ff is no fun. Ln2 flash freezing ftw!!!

Did you ever do anything with this @Baked-All-Day? Iā€™m kind of curious about setting up some kind of mobile ln2 flash freeze rig

How many modules did you get and how many fresh pounds an hour can it freeze? Also, how many pounds would that 850 gallon tank of nitrogen freeze? Sorry for bumping an old thread.