FF extract smells like steam distilled terps. How to Ln2 biomass properly

This was what I originally planned. Then started overthinking it haha

2 Likes

I read in a post from 2016 that Summit Research talked about it so I am guessing @spdking might know
I doubt you can just put the sealed bag in LN2 though as the material has to make contact with the LN2

2 Likes

Here is proof that a machine I linked is used in the hemp industry

3 Likes

I have it posted on here somewhere. First thing you will need is a lot of Ln2. I opted for an 850 gallon gorilla tanker.

Second thing is either a tunnel freezer are a cabinet freezer. I opted for the tunnel so we could have continuous feed without having to load racks. I got a tri level tunnel and modified it to a single level. We have a -40 container next to the steel building to store the biomass after its frozen.

18 Likes

I’m on the edge of my seat, @BG305 is typing…

4 Likes

Exactly what was expected, Baller shit

I love it

4 Likes

These units are not cheap thats for sure. The gorilla tanker was 40k used and the tunnel was 70k used. That company has been around with that design for a long time. This is why k went with it instead of buying from china.

5 Likes

I’m having the company make some cabinet style freezers for a mobile outfit. I plan on buying out farms in Humboldt and freezing the entire crop onsite. Pull up with the Ln2 tanker a couple cabinet freezers and a 40’ freezer container.

7 Likes

This is a cabinet style unit made by the guys at RS cryo.

This is a fancy Italian cabinet that is belt fed with multiple leveles inside then spits out whatever you froze. This unit was close to 1m delivered and with training. It really was a work of art.

12 Likes

Or if your not extracting onsite buy one of these and it will do the work while your transporting LOL

2 Likes

You really needbto expose the bio mass to the Ln2 for the right amount of time before you store it. My tunnel has a variable speed controller on the belt to adjust the exposure time. Inside it has multiple spray nozels and fans that ensure the temos are even throughout the unit. As it comes out we go into buckets and directly into a -40 container.

6 Likes

Love your setup. Thanks for posting info and pics. Is it true that using LN2 before extraction changes the taste for the worse on some strains. Sounds like you have done it enough to know.

You’ve got an amazing setup! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Well if you don’t want to let out the secret of how you started doing it on a small scale as @FicklePickle asked I will do it for you

4 Likes

Its the opposite of that. Its the only way to truly get a “live” extract. This is where the term came from. We literally chop down the plants and flash freeze them. So its like extracting a live plant when the time comes.

1 Like

I understand you do an extraction after and do not tumble kief but was guessing this is what got you started as it seems you can use something like this for small scale LN2 freeze before extraction?

2 Likes

Yes, that was R&D i was doing to build a 50 lb Ln2 tumbler for keifing biomass. Thats another method though and does not go with the flash freezing. I do end up running that biomass after i kief it.

3 Likes

For that R&D i would gake a plant from the field, break it down in a 5 gallon bucket and then blast Ln2 into the bucket to flash freeze it. I would then throw it into the tumbler and inject Ln2 while i tumbled it. The problem with thise tumblers was they were not designed for cryo temps. So i would break them every time i would run them. This is why i went ahead and designed the all SS unit i posted above.

3 Likes

Gotcha, I thought maybe you built that to tumble kief then realized you could use it to flash freeze with LN2 before extraction. I know your a baller and guessing much of your success has to do with your ingenuity. Thanks again for taking the time to explain and sharing pics.
BTW your custom truck is siiiiick.

4 Likes

2 Likes