Fentanyl, methyl fentanyl, and heroin laced D8 or unfounded fear mongering?

1 Like

Am I the only one who doesnt believe these incidents to be intentional? Im sorry but i doubt there are many people out there using fent to either addict their customers or intoxicate them in the THC isomer world.

I think a lot of these contaminations are due to not cleaning surfaces at trap houses. Not spiking things for profit. Except for herion and opiates ofc. But who tf thinks its a good idea to put fent in cocaine and believe people will 1. Survive and 2. Think that the feeling is correct and continue to purchase an upper that knocks them out.

13 Likes

Trap contamination or contaminated testing equipment would be my guess

9 Likes

Media never publishes analysis. It would be useful to know the concentration of these incidents. Does every piece test positive (in the case of gummies and carts, not powders)? Are they uniformly positive as far as dosing goes? Does the fact that they test for multiple substances prove my assertion, as in, is a cbd manfuacturer really procuring three types of fentanyl and herion to make a dank, addictive product?

I am not defending fent. The thing that makes me wonder is logic. You don’t want dead customers - death means investigation is manditory. You will end up in jail if you sell someone laced anything. Why would any american do that to their product knowingly as a dealer. Bulk cartel suppliers dont care about american life but those same cartel suppliers mentioned in the article are not making gummies for gas stations for a living either. Compound that with some junkies are smart and care about their dope, and will certianly question why they are nodding off after hitting a few rails.

7 Likes

The source is the enquirer

Do with that what you will my brothers in Christ

6 Likes

The enquirer is a satire magazine. The inquirer is a philly news org that is just about center and comparable in reliability to other major news orgs. You might be mixing the two, but you’re still correct to hold news with a grain of salt.

5 Likes

i didnt even notice

my brain even saw it as an E

2 Likes

This is why the state regulated Dispensaries are so safe and that why we need to push to take down the big bad black market

9 Likes

I know of someone, who knows someone that sold another person heroin as hash oil years ago. It got the person hooked and they probably had a problem with it for a long time.It was a terrible thing to do to someone that they profited off of, so I would never doubt that such a thing could occur

It isn’t the strangest thing I’ve heard, and would def depend on the source of the product(obv) and mainly I would consider the price they were sold at. 50/50 in my opinion

1 Like

Back in the day when dabs were darker i thought someone gave me some tar to dab. I left that house so high and was super sketched out. This was one of my first dabs though so u can imagine how high i was. I dont think it was anything more than thc though.

3 Likes

Sounds like 2010.

It really sucks whats going on out there. Blacklist did a piece today on a huge fent bust. I hope these camnabis contaminations are mistakes and stop happening frequently.

Wonder what noid they were talking about here:

“Testing also found the synthetic cannabinoid K2, also known as spice, in other samples of Strictly Delta.”

1 Like

d8 thcp = jwh-091

9 Likes

Oh we’ve come full circle: JWH0-018, JWH-020, CP-47, etc were early cannabinoids that were highly addictive.

The detection of these were non-trivial: often tests cost $hundreds per test, making them unlikely to have most products tested.

So it totally makes sense that we are seeing them. Profits over all else, or whatever the business bible said.

I’d really like to know if drug testing assays cover spice-like compounds often, or if it was suspected in this case and tested for.

5 Likes

This happened at my high school at medium scale. They were selling it as ‘reclaim’

I know the folks behind 2 of the brands pictured in the article, and another not mentioned / pictured. These are not trap house producers.

This is more likely a result of one or some combo of the following:

• Product is counterfeit or was tampered with

• Customers blamed drug test failures on these products

• Some incompetence or outright shady activity in testing / analysis

At least one of the brands whose owners I know well produces their own extracts going into the products. So I am not fearful of some contamination up the supply chain.

3 Likes

I wonder if the lab reports, analyzed by law enforcement, would be available to public?

FOIA if someone wanted it that bad

2 Likes

I wonder if that is on state or county level or only federal.

This is correct.