FDA jacking vape carts PSA

They all suck. We had coyote (UPS) chuck a 750kva generator out the side of an 18 wheeler (driver didn’t strap it down and took the on ramp a little hot). 3 months later they finally let us see the thing to assess whether we wanted to buy the scrap. A month later they sent us a bill for the shipping.

I try to be civil but the only words I could come up with were “are you fucking insane!!??”. Like, you made me wait 3 months to even be able to hash out the insurance claim and you want me to pay to ship the thing you literally rolled down a highway embankment?

Worst part was the generator was a super steal and the next best option was nearly $50k more expensive. Fuckers

4 Likes

Wow. Save us all from vape cartridges. But approve high fructose corn syrup for human consumption.

10 Likes

How can you or they prove what will be going in them? Sounds like a ridiculous request pressured by some 3 letter agency…

DHL has always been the fastest and cheapest for me. UPS I work with shipping brokers and they help solve these issues better than the rest. The biggest problem I’ve had is the labeling of package contents. Plastic tubes, glass tubes came through the easiest but when they under value the shipments I think this throws a flag. I’d always get a call from UPS w/ extra fees.

Does your manufacturer deal w/ others in US besides you? Might be worthwhile discussing using you as a hub and ship a few months worth at a time and do it right with a broker. That’s what I did and grew to over 60k per month pre VapeGate.

3 Likes

Yeah, UPS seems to be better compared to DHL, at least recently.
But the cost is at least 20% higher compared to DHL, however, under current situation, it might be worth it.

3 Likes

This has been my experience as well!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Sucks to hear about your carts.

From my experience and this is only my experience…

Fedex is the best. Ive had packages in shaghai on sunday and delievered here monday. This only happens about 10% of the time. The rest they are avg. Lowest customs fees. Best with lost packages.

DHL is second. They are the fastest country to country on avg., but fedex can ship faster about 15-20% of the time.

UPS is the worst by far. Their brokerage services is a rip off. There customs is a big better organized but the fees and shipping speed are the worst.

3 Likes

No worries at all, I don’t blame you. DHL is a nightmare of a company and completely convoluted. Even if you made a mistake on the paperwork or the way it was filled out, the complete ineptitude and inability to fix anything I have encountered at DHL over the past week has me seething.

I don’t get mad at my customers when I make something convoluted. I try and help them solve the issue and improve my process. Every interaction is a process improvement. DHL sees hundreds of thousands of shipments per day, this can’t be the first time someone made a paperwork mistake. DHL is an organization that has the scale, capability, and infrastructure to collect massive amounts of customer experience data has no excuse for a common and widely repeated experience like this.

The customer service reps and managers I did manage to talk to had no idea what the issue was, and would typically transfer me to someone else

Written correspondence and solving issues over text or chat is completely impossible. Which again, an organization of this size has no excuse for.

Fuck DHL

10 Likes

I’ve got a plug at fed ex if you ever need him

Only ship with UPS, request an importers form to import empty cartridges specifically.

1 Like

Does this cost extra? and Do you notice changes or additions to the customs fees before delivery when submitting this form?

1 Like

Seems a bit cheaper tbh, def cheaper than DHL

1 Like

I think maybe a lot of folks prefer dhl as they don’t have truck loads delivered. I never had to pay a dime until my orders became larger through them.

Fuck ups. They’re really far behind on a lot of shipments. At least on the west coast I know they’re a couple weeks behind on everything.

I gotta know was the vendor who I think its was or the new onea?

It was dhl, because it happened with two vendors, and I am watching a third lie to me about it

It’s such a racket these Chinese have! Make us gamble on products and too boot leave the final shipping burden on us. Can it get any better for them?

They truly have no idea. The vendors use the cheapest method possible.

so its not like William’s fault for putting atomizers as labeling

The bathroom hot boxing doesnt count, we had one to outside late 90s