FDA jacking vape carts PSA

2 weeks ago, I had 10,000 ceramic vape carts seized by the FDA. They want me to prove that they are not nicotine vapes and are still locked up.

Do not mark any inbound vapes as atomizer accessories. They will get held.

20 Likes

FDA sucks. (I might be bitter as someone in the nicotine vape industry)

7 Likes

what in the actual fuck? damn, now it make sense that your prices increased a little bit. are they giving you an ETA on when youll get them released?

1 Like

What would you label them as? Is labeling stuff as cbd products bad idea?

2 Likes

Its not the FDA’s fault. Its one shipping agency causing this issue (TWICE NOW) Im waiting for a supervisor to hit me back, if not, Im blowing them the fuck up because their shitty service cost me two weeks of business

5 Likes

Shipping thru a particular courier (DHL) will INCREASE your chances of running into the FDA

6 Likes

The FDA can be all up in your business with health claims, supplements, medical devices or products.

(Coming from a person with a forthcoming cGMP audit!)

9 Likes

@Liam84

1 Like

What would you advise to avoid this issue?

1 Like

To be honest, I am facing this shit as well, I have this client, to whom I sent 47 usd worth of samples, first the parcel got a hold-on, inspection for 3 weeks, and now asking my client to pay 326 usd of import fee. I am speechless.

I do know the way to solve the problem if the cargo is more than 300kg. That is use some good air-shipping companies in this industry, who offeres door-2-door, and by that, it means, they clear customs for you.

7 Likes

A sprinter van and mexico

13 Likes

I took this as a joke, then i thought about it

5 Likes

I got sprinters and vans at the border via my partner lol. If it’s not an issue at the border and you’re serious :joy:

They mainly working on CBG down there but still cross for cheap materials and purchasing.

5 Likes

I’m confused, were they intercepted by CBP and given to the FDA?
I know every single time that I have ordered carts, the package has been inspected and has the green CBP INSPECTION boxing tape

2 Likes

The FDA doesn’t go about checking everyones boxes. They have to be directed to the box. Improper documentation can lead to this, not so sure how there can be health claims on a shipping box.

2 Likes

Perhaps how the declared contents are labeled?

1 Like

Ascent messed up your paperwork?

Nope, DHL completely fucked up communications. I haven’t been able to contact the person in charge of my case since september 8th. She literally screens my calls. I tried to contact another person in their duties department, whom would let half of my order thru If I would pay duties on it as the entire shipment (2x duties).

I just got off the phone with their supervisor and they constantly tried to put me on the defensive. I keep customer service notes for items I sell AND items I buy.

The agent I talked to two calls previously told me there is no way to get to a supervisor since he was home so I promptly hung up and recalled for a mor competent individual.

I really do NOT recommend shipping vape carts with DHL. You will have to hound their customer service line to get anywhere. I do not have high hopes for the FDA half of my shipment.

6 Likes

Fed ex is the way to go. Little more expensive but I’ve never had issues.

5 Likes

All my orders overseas always gets dropped off my dhl.

1 Like