Favorite Butane Torch for Dabbing?

-I was going to put this in the lounge but I really wanted to know the wider opinions-

WHAT DO YOU USE??? Blazer, Early Bird, Newport Zero, Zipoo or some Off-Brand?

It’s important to add the price you paid, the longest you’ve had it, the longest you’ve made one last before a replacement and the brand names. Other info like place of purchase or what kind of fuel used is also welcome.

This is a Research question and social experiment

1 Like

Bottle and tip from lowes!

1 bottle last about 30 days. 9.00

Edit, I dab, and only dab. 3-5g a week.
No fancy torch needed to heat my quartz banger or ti nail.

11 Likes

I’m on the same boat as @Demontrich, but I got mine from True Value and the fuel is propane. I almost exclusively dab, too, though I’m at less that 3g’s a month. The regulators go out for me every two years or so, and really, I haven’t had any problems or desire to switch.

3 Likes

For $19.99, the Whip-it! Ion Lite Torch is hard to beat. Easy to use with one hand.
https://cdn3.volusion.com/cfqwv.lgysd/v/vspfiles/photos/Ion%20Lite-35R-2T.jpg?v-cache=1555945406

My friend has a Newport Zero torch style and it is terrible, maybe it’s just me but I have to use two hands to start it and even then it is a pain.

1 Like

I had the 50$ Jumbo and loved it. I had a friend who took off the safety on the mini one I had.

I ordered a Blazer Big Shot the other day for 55$. They have a good warranty and the flame is supposed to be huge.

3 Likes

I’ve had the one they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond as a creme brulee torch for 5 years. Lol

5 Likes

I’ve been using a vectors for almost 5 years. Got it for the lifetime warranty.

1 Like

They sell these adapters that go on any water pipe now to convert them into pufcos basically…you can set the desired temp before u push start too

Propane campfire torches all day long

3 Likes

Propane, for both speed and price.

2 Likes

I use the bed bath and beyond one too. I’m on 2 over the last 5-6 years as well

5 Likes

I dab all day long and use a bad ass bernzomatic head that I can throttle. I refill the canisters from a big propane tank.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Iwatani-Culinary-Butane-pastries-camping/dp/B01HVZR3DI/ref=mp_s_a_1_26?adgrpid=56351671112&gclid=CjwKCAiA27LvBRB0EiwAPc8XWSFlfoQ_IN95UfKZKLCPX-iLgzaq_STgj0gIQBtBuXm_F_aIOu0GshoCxUkQAvD_BwE&hvadid=274743741787&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1016367&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=9693717771725363701&hvtargid=kwd-302264002505&hydadcr=14865_10218906&keywords=creme+brulee+torch&qid=1575854295&sr=8-26

I’ve had a Vector since ~2014 I have changed the piezo ignitor it 2 or 3 times myself and sent it in twice to Vector for repair. It’s on its last legs; the ceramic insulator at the tip has broken badly, the ignitor wire is super short, it only ignites like 1/10 times (though the ignitor fires every single time). I think they might send me a new torch when I mail this one in for repair. The retail price was 60 bucks at a local smoke shop.

I also have a Big Shot torch bought off Amazon in March of '18 for $50 and it’s worked flawlessly each and every time I’ve used it.

I use canned butane and I’ve put everything from power 5 to newport to no name crap, but for the last year and a half I have made an effort to buy whip-it “Premium North Sea” Butane cause it doesn’t stink like sulfury butthole: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bia1bcKFbe_/

The Bonjour brand butane torch available at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $30-35 is identical internally to the Vector, Stok, and other similar lookin’ $60+ dollar units. For whatever reason the piezoelectric ignitor in all these torches are very prone to failure. I don’t know if there’s a lot of deflection transferred into the ignitor as the button is pushed in or what but, I’ve probably repaired 20+ of these torches over the years. After a few rounds of repair there usually isn’t enough length in the wire to attach another new ignitor to. And as far as I can tell you have to buy cheap electric lighters to cannibalize for parts. https://www.instagram.com/p/34nDZeIUJD/

Bed Bath and Beyond will swap a failed torch for a new one, and Vector has a lifetime repair program (but you’ve got to mail your torch to them for service.)

Soo if you don’t cover your cheap lighter in stickers, the free swap at BB&B isn’t a bad way to go. Vector will repair your existing art’d up torch, if they can, and send it back to you.

I actually like the slightly diffused flame that the Vector style torch puts out more than the longer, focused flame on the Big Shot. But, the Big Shot torch is, in the end, more of a professional grade tool and they last a LOT longer. I still keep a vector on hand for those rare hands free torching opportunities and because the Vector is a one hand operation to fire (super easy for a quick heat up your dabber to wipe it clean thing) while the Big Shot has a twist lock fuel cutoff that I always use two hands to open and close.

2 Likes

Link to those?

I’m curious about the puffco, but not 375 curious.

Check em out

2 Likes

They last around 4 - 5 months a bottle also.

Get the $30 brulee torch from Bed Bath and Beyond. I’ve had mine for 4 years and still shoots a huge flame. And at any point if it breaks you just go in and tell them you bought it a few months ago and they’ll easily swap it for a new one.

The bed bath and beyond torch is made by vector.
They (bbandb) changed their policy on these torches and its only 30 days warrenty now. Too many stoners taking advantage. Last time they hassled me.
I used about 6-10 over the last 5 years. They all break the same way.
Just got the blazer big shot and its meh. I like the flame better on the bbb torch. But the customization you can do to the blazer makes it coole. Imo.

2 Likes