Favorite Butane Torch for Dabbing?

I had something like this for a little bit, but it was a yocan version. It worked well, but was a bitch to keep clean.

I have this brands enail I think, I like it well enough, but am always curious about new things.

1 Like

Damn shame

Does anyone here use a silica carbide dish with their enails?

That and an enail are what I’ve settled on.

1 Like

Silicon carbide (not silica) and hell yes.

I’ve been using a D-Nail SiC Halo for years. Lower temps than quartz allows (Massively better thermal conductivity) superior flavor and amazingly easy cleanup with just water (SiC is suuuper nonstick).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhS9xhMHTwI/?igshid=1mhli737o1kx0

Edit, thanks for the update on BBB’s return policy @Slabby . I wont suggest that torch as strongly anymore. The vector warranty is worth it the first time the thing breaks IMO.

3 Likes

benzomatic map gas lol im always in a hurry $15 each at home depot. they burn super hot. the igniter deal is like $40 tho. ive had mine for years. cant count how many tanks ive used it on so its a solid device.
https://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-Pre-Filled-MAP-Pro-Torch-Cylinder/dp/B07NCCKBBQ/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpa2p3cqp5gIVysDACh2ohQvAEAAYASAAEgLOB_D_BwE&hvadid=176335233567&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9026222&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12911689280415876171&hvtargid=kwd-1244755732&hydadcr=17289_9721894&keywords=bernzomatic+mapp+gas&qid=1575929464&sr=8-2

5 Likes

I’ve had two cheap red ronsonol torches from the Walmart plumbing aisle last close to five years each, and only cost about $25 each. Not great for anything bigger than a nectar collector, but super handy to have around. It can be used hands free, and has an air adjustment that can soften the flame all the way to a Bic style flame. Comes with two soldering tips too. For the big stuff, I use whatever random propane torch is closest. The camping cylinders are bigger, cheaper, and more stable than the torch style cylinders. Definitely want a bigger butane torch at some point.

1 Like

I really like it so far, I’ve had it for about 6 months, and I definitely like how it hits. Plus clean up is crazy simple like you said.

I don’t have the d-nail setup, I found a dish that fits on the enails with a dish.

https://www.newvape.com/sic-dish-28mm

I got a cyclone carb cap with it, but don’t use terp pearls. I really noticed the difference compared to a normal cap.

1 Like

For myself I’m a huge blazer big shot gt8000 fan, I bought mine 5 years ago and it still ignites on the first try, I use about 1 can of butane a week for 7g of concentrates a week, a can costs 2,99, so 12$ a month is not that bad on butane, and its for a heavy usage.
Using a propane or a map torch will overheat the quartz and create a outter chazz, the quartz becomes greyish and stop properly retaining heat due to its nucleation sites being clogged with overtorching residues.

If you’re using cheap china quartz, it’s not a big deal to be honest just chazz the sh*t out of it and switch it for a dhgate crap every month.
If you’re using a costy american/canadian made quartz, you’d be more likely to use a butane torch that doesnt overheat your quartz, you can even wet a side of a qtip into water not iso to enhance efficiency of swabbing the banger without leaving iso particles into the dish, use the dry side to finish the job and keep your banger brand new for 6months +

5 Likes

Didn’t know about overheating quartz. Always just heated till it starts to glow, then let it cool down before hitting it. Looks like I have some learning to do.

2 Likes

I fucking love the Blazer Big Shot. It’s the best butane torch I’ve used yet. I filled it with whip it premium. The thing works like a fuckin propane torch.

2 Likes

Same, have you ever used there warranty? I’ve exchanged two for brand new ones no extra cost I believe they actually made in the same Factory and same design as one of the vector torches just the top piece is plastic on the Bed Bath & Beyond one in metal on the vector

Nope, it still works. Haha. I’m not the type to toss a perfectly good torch just because the warranty would allow for a fresh one.

I think what happens is referred to as devitrification, it basically taking the structure of the glass object and crystallizing it.

People call it chazzing your banger.

I think if you’re heating it until it’s glowing, it’s chazzing the banger, that’s what I’ve read btw.

Like @WorriedSam said though, if it’s a cheap banger, who cares.

1 Like

Blazer never fails.

It depends on what else you dab with.
If you spend $$ on the glass, the quartz, and the hash might as well get nice torch too.:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

https://highlyeducatedti.com/blogs/information/69786883-first-post

Here is a blog post about caring for your quartz and how to prevent devitrification

Also discusses exactly what it is and what is actually happening

4 Likes

I’m using a silicon carbide dish on my enail myself, but that’s a good link nonetheless!

It definitely is a good read for anyone wanting to take care of their banger.

1 Like

I love that Bed Bath and Beyond torch, I have had 3, one I replaced, the other two are going strong for over 8 years… One the sparker doesn’t work and I’m too lazy to open it up and replace but just have a lighter around to spark it…

i got the orange one and filled it with whip-it. the thing roars.

I guess I treat my bangers horribly, but they are just cheap Chinese stuff. I really should start doing things the proper way, but I’m a fire bug and like to burn out the leftovers vs wiping with a q tip. Most of the time I use a nectar collector with a ceramic tip and heat it till it glows. Probably where I picked up the habit. Figure I’ll get some nice bangers after I find a good enail and get in the habit of taking care of them properly. I think a big shot just went on my Xmas list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Propane going on over 8 years dabbing primarily. 2 canisters and two full kits.

1 Like