Fast diamonds vs slow diamonds. Which is better? Why?

You could say the same thing about booze. Even when I drank, I couldn’t tell the difference between a 5 dollar bottle and a 100 dollar bottle of vodka. Both have the same amount of alcohol and almost identical taste.

But people still want the 100 dollar bottle.

Me personally, I like playing with my hobby, so it’s fun to do.

2 Likes

I personally don’t have market for it but snobby rich kids on college w daddy’s money I’m sure pay anywhere from 100-200$ per gram large stones

I sure as hell wouldn’t esp when u gotta crush em to dab em bc they so big!

But not everyone has the clients…I don’t I make sugar any day bc my clients won’t pay the extra for time and space it takes.

If it takes spot in the oven that I could make 5 batches sugar in the same time frame. Well in my view it should be 5x more. To bad it’s not we all be rich

My ppl like sugar it’s cheaper bc time to me

Time is money here

I call bullshit. If you can make them in an open blast/closed column and without dewaxing then I think the cloudiness could be fats and waxes. I’ve never done the pentane tek to clean-up stones or made diamonds using a dewaxing column but that tek exists for dirty impure diamonds.

2 Likes

The harder u dewax (run -70f w jacket column)the more clear the stones get. The slower they grow the more clear also

Something getting trapped in those fast growth diamonds for sure… inclusion from fast growth could give a cloudy appearance

3 Likes

Crystals will include in their lattice whatever is in their mother liquor to some degree. Its all about whatever is close by that can get trapped between competing crystals. Whether that’s just air or the fats that the THCa precipitated from, there’s a good chance some of it will end up as an inclusion to the crystal.

Fats can certainly set up shop in the way of a forming crystal, they are just less likely to actually grow a crystal of their own structure in these conditions. Conditions would favor growth of THCa and fats would be an inclusion impurity rather than a competing crystal.

7 Likes

To expand a little more on this, to grow crystals fast you need to tune the parameters to induce nucleation sites that will act as starting points for crystals to grow from. More nucleation sites = faster crystallization.

Its because you have multiple dominant crystalline structures growing in different parts of the container and when they grow so big that their borders touch, you will trap whatever isn’t your crystal between your crystal structures.

This is the reason why its effective to use a solid seed crystal from a previous batch to induce crystallization if your goal is a clear rock. A single starting point of nucleation will end in better separation of the crystal from the mother liquor due to the more ordered growth. The best time to add a seed crystal is before subjecting the solution to the conditions that would normally be used to induce nucleation, this way your THCa already knows where it wants to go when it starts to drop out of the mother liquor.

10 Likes

Looking for info on ph level effect on terp to diamond ratios.

Search function at the top works great

4 Likes

This site helped me learn so much.

6 Likes

I poured 2 jars, one seemed to be crashing bigtime so I poured it into the other= does this look messed up?

4 Likes

its less than a week old and the crystals were like chunky sugar when i mixed the 2 jars, the other jar was all yellow liquid with just a touch of crystals forming. It seems like its almost all crystals but I dunno if theres any room for them to grow?

looks like a most my jars that fast crashed (Medusa gas)

Welcome to the issue.

3 Likes

Thumps welcome to the Medusa club.
You just get new gas?

3 Likes

so its bad why?am i gonna want to redissolve to get bigger diamonds?

It’s bad if you wanna grow diamonds or want repeatability.

so its gonna stay sugary?

2 Likes

I mixed them in haste once I saw the first one was all chunky.

Yes it will stay like that.

You need to redissolve every bit of sugar in your closed loop and start over for diamonds. That chalk will spread if you leave any behind

does it smoke poorly or just an undesireable texture

1 Like

It’s the same thing different shape