Falling Film or Solvent Recovery Systems

For the money which is the better route, Falling Film or a 110 gallon Maratek/Lab Society Solvent Recovery system? Decarbing? or a bunch of rotovaps? I like falling film but will it have comparable throughput to these SRS’s? If so, which companies produce falling film units without spending 200k$?

1 Like

Very interested. We have been dabbling in and around extraction. We approach this market with the same mentality. We have connections with big players in industry and I would love to get a dialogue in with you.

Hey, what is the processing rate you want for solvent recovery? Small falling film will not cost that much.
I prefer falling film, they run way faster than rotary vap.
I run into a falling film manufacture in Denver CO. I can send you their info if you need.

When you say “small falling film”and they won’t “cost that much” what’s your idea of these two staments?

If your talking 5-10gal per hour and less than 10k you definitely have my attention.

1 Like

I would love to see their information. Is that possible?

haha, 5-10 gal will be a small unit. I will ask around if anyone manufacturer I know have one.
I would say 50 gal for 70k.

Here is their website. I haven’t got a quote from them.
Let me know if you got one. I am interested in their pricing as well.

how do falling film evaps work? I’m interested in building a small scale one.

1 Like

a falling film is a thin film of solution evaporated in a tube and heated shell. this glass is a single tube - most stainless units are a bunch of tubes.

for very small scale try 1-4 inner tubes and go from there. search the open source falling film thread for lots of good info

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for sharing. It is very nice to see engineer working together for a better design for this industry.