Falling film companies, advise appreciated.

Looking for some pros/cons of the different falling/rising films now available. Looking at pinnacle stainless’s rising film, truesteal’s falling and delta separations as well. Any and all advice would be super helpful!! Thanks!

2 Likes

I dont know anything about the equipment your talking about

However, I have had dealings with Zach at Pinnacle and he is a good person. Very responsive and always looking to help if he can.

Working with good people is always a plus

1 Like

When I vote with my dollars early next year it will be likely between a Delta unit or the Agile Stainless one if I don’t just make my own.
Pinnacle and trusteel are both overpriced for what they are in my opinion.

4 Likes

@PinnacleStainless has the most experience, and you are paying for that.

@DeltaSeparationsNate looks promising, but I’m not sure how it actually performs

@precisionnick has one too, again looks nice but I havent played with one yet

All three of these companies are in the GLG because they are good people that deliver good results

I suggest you take a look at AgileStainless as well. Best price/performance in the market right now, my design, great guys to work with.

I wouldn’t recommend TruSteel or any of the other miscellaneous FFEs floating around rn

3 Likes

The Delta one uses a big plate condenser that takes a lot more floor space, and might be a cleaning issue, but I haven’t used it.

The bizzybee looks really clean too, and I like the options for heaters, chillers, pumps, and extra heat exchangers.

I havent gotten into any automation that might be available, mostly whether you can run it overnight until the feed tank is empty like you can with an ASRS or distimatic.

5 Likes

Anyone have firsthand experience with Bizzybee’s FFEs?

1 Like

Thank you all for the reply’s!! We are also interested in bizzybeez ffe. I know he’s a member of the GLG so hoping he might chime in on lead times. We are also wondering about power consumption. Thanks again for the awesome info!

1 Like

I do, they are dope. @710st is here sometimes and can chime in on the details

1 Like

Hear nothing but good things about BZB.

Yep yep I’m on here! I co-designed it with the bee. Been catching up with the wave of falling film orders :). Feel free to ask any questions or shoot me a DM. The guys’ are supposed to have the website up soon too!

1 Like

@710ST Awesome!! What are lead times looking like?

10-12 weeks currently

Of these options, which do we know have met or will meet peer review requirements by PSI?

http://www.psinspectors.com/peer-reviews.html

Can only speak for myself but we are using Trusteels AV 15 and are seeing great results with it.

1 Like

Hey 4200 family. Please check out our company. Our founders include two licensed engineers. We have a stainless falling film evaporator available. One of our good clients currents runs at about 40 L/hr recovery. Not a super crazy number but we working on that.

We are also developing a retrofit kit for the SprayVap from Colorado Extraction Systems. It will replace the separation/falling column with a goal to double to recovery output.

We are big fans of this community. We appreciate any feedback and support.

You can find us at:
ig: botanical_extractions
www.bx.systems
@bxs

That PSI link you put below literally says which manufacturers, what systems, under what solvent they are approved.

I know BZB uses 3P Certz out of Washington for their systems, they are who reviewed our FFE and we are having them peer review our process and equipment as we move forward. Can’t speak to their results (yet) but so far Brian Kester has been excellent to work with

Any updates from operators using Delta’s FFE? I’m about to pull the trigger on either Delta’s of Bizzy’s to pair with my Delta CUP-15 …

Anyone using Echodyst tech, like the x7 with the 100L vessel? Or the Capna FFE?

Have yet to see anyone running the capna

I’d also like to hear from anyone running the Delta FFE. From a pure engineering standpoint I think it’s probably the best offering in the industry right now, though the real world sometimes throws a wrench in the best engineered designs.

1 Like

agreed, loudandclearlabs just bought one on ig

1 Like