Fake Dank vapes warning

Some people just like to b**** about anything

4 Likes

I noticed the same thing with the push top CCELL carts, they went through the oil considerably faster than any screw top I’ve tried other than the qcell.

Before all of that happened the BlackListxyz posted the first link to that story; it was off a random internet cannabis news website.

#traction

1 Like

I get it, but there are like 40 stories now. There is an AP summary of all the stories. One being bunk doesn’t change much at this point in my opinion. CDC, State agencies, on and on. From legitimate sources, like direct from the agency. But if it was bunk, good to call it out. I’m all for it. But the topic remains.

1 Like

Apparently this was a big enough complaint that CCELLs marketing dept posted this at the beginning of the year. They claim the ceramic heating element can soak up 150mg of extracted oil.

3 Likes

Link to the paper backing the ill effects vaping can have on your body in this article Nicotine-free e-cigarettes can damage blood vessels: Single instance of vaping immediately leads to reduced vascular function -- ScienceDaily

5 Likes

Theres no telling where those came from either. That packaging is sold all over the internet… theres a store in my area that Carrie’s Dank vapes and Exotic Carts packaging as well.

3 Likes

Seems like a different threat compared to the severe lung damage people are popping up with… I tried to tell people years ago when all this started that vaping all these other products was completely without proper research. I’d be especially interested in seeing what other things are being produced during vaporization of some of the newer vaporizing options.

6 Likes

This paper is explaining the effects of carriers not used in the cartridge game at large. It is irrelevant to the blends being smoked by the majority of the cannabis market.

6 Likes

We all accept long term risks breathing anything but unpolluted air.

As I understand it these are geographically isolated incidents, not widespread issues in the industry. These people are not reported to have preexisting conditions, although one in California was elderly.

These people were hospitalized for severe acute respiratory distress syndrome. In my nonprofessional opinion these people vaped some seriously nasty shit, not a 10% MCT pen.

3 Likes

This thread is hilarious @Future4200

1 Like

Lots of blackmarket cart producers are still using PG, which is what this paper is looking at. Majority of the cannabis market is vaping bm carts… Which part of that is irrelevant?

3 Likes

That is 2017 facts sir. I happen to see a whole lot of black market carts. I have seen one pg cart in one year (since this time last year)

I test all sorts of carts. Cutting with pg/vg is much harder than cutting with mct. Fractionated mct is pennies more per cart than normal mct.

Instead of knocking peoples hustles in general, you can use your platform/visibility for education. blacklist level insta posts are great for sparking drama and getting views.

We are putting customers over clout, right?

7 Likes

I have to agree that the majority of the black market has moved away from pg/vg/peg in my experience as well. The downside with that is there are a lot of people experimenting with different cutting agents without any real idea how it’ll affect end users.

Last year a cx brought me an Olive oil cart asking what was wrong with it… fucking Olive oil people… wtf.

I’m not sure I get the blacklist level insta post statement. Customers over clout all day, which is why we should be informing customers when things like this come to light. If bm carts/or e-cig vape juice is causing health issues, until they get worked out what it was people should be cautious.

9 Likes

Im talking about reactionary instagram images.

I can give you the answer to how to fix this

The cartridge fillers form a union and knock over operations that jeopardize their way of life. People using pg/vg/unscrupulous cuts. People using rcs in their blends. People that knowingly put out dirty liters.

We as the community can call out companies utilizing “proprietary” ingredients and poisons. An example of this is what happened to true terps.

If we police ourselves, the feds dont have as much cover to fight us and have to stick their necks out to grasp at their straws. Giving the feds ammunition is betraying the cannabis community.

10 Likes

So don’t post relevant scientific papers because they hurt your bottom line?

2 Likes

I am very curious as to what floraplex’s uber thick is. Everyone seems to have jumped on board saying its the best (I personally cant deal with it in my body for some strange reason) but no one here, except @FloraplexTerpenes knows whats in it. I dont think that this caused any serious issues like lung failure, but it is possible that people can have serious allergic reactions to substances they have never encountered before, and I think we’re all in agreement that it is as sketchy as mineral oil to be vaping mystery substances that A & B companies claim is safe…

8 Likes

They posted what it was and I forget what the ingredients were but it was more than just terpenes and was different from the other one they make

1 Like

@anon56994712 I saw ingredients posted for the thickener and the diluent but not the uber thick, did i miss it? I searched the search for it to no luck

true it may have been the thickener that I am thinking of

1 Like