F42K Responsible for ∆8 Industry

Wish I knew. Not my expertise

1 Like

Fats/lipids/gums in the isolate

3 Likes

I have an ISO-3 that I got when they first came out. I remembered the ISO-2 but had no experience with it other than sampling ditchweed and that was garbage in/garbage out. I’d heard about the CBD conversion but there’s just negligible amounts anyway. The ISO-3 was offered for review so I took the offer.

I have a lot of things I do tested for educational purposes in my GrassCity thread so I have noticed that while there may be small amounts of CBDa, as usual, in the raw flower, there would be none in final oil but there would be noticeable increases in CBG. I couldn’t be certain with THC because it was such a small amount but because of the CBG increase I thought there was some isomerization going on.

I was never really sure about that CBDa conversion to THC because of those quantities were small enough for lab inconsistencies. I would have known if there was D8 because I had convinced my lab to start testing for it back in 2015 because it can be naturally occurring. Had no idea of this D8 conversion then. So just recently I ran some hemp with about 13% CBDa and compliant D9 through the full 24 hour low temp soxhlet process to see if there was any conversion.

The results were good as far as converting all the CBDa to CBD but I didn’t find any increase in THC. It may be that it may have needed more than 24 hours or more heat than a light bulb. Since I had no idea of converted D8 at the time I never pursued it further. I was a little disappointed, though, at having personally busted a cool cannabis myth. It will decarb THCa in 9 hours during processing, though, which is kind of handy. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

2 Likes

Did listing the OTSS tek crash the diamond market ??

1 Like

Yeah, why is that device named anything to do with isomers? More like reflux for dummies… The Dummyfluxer… I’d call it

1 Like

It was the old days, wild ditchweed was everywhere and nobody had a clue. Even if it did change the CBD, there wasn’t enough in the plant to make any difference even when concentrated. It is a good way to reclaim alcohol and make feco, though, but not for too much more. There still wasn’t much in the line of concentrates when the 3 was introduced so it was a good tool for home growers with a lot of trim to use up, basically a dirty crude. The isomerizing aspect has never been proven to me and isn’t something I’d really be interested in for anything other than knowledge.

Besides, I didn’t have to buy it. They gave it to me thanks to my GrassCity thread. The only other thing available at the time was the Source Turbo and that was really expensive. Most of the technology used here at F4200 was still being developed at that time thanks to the Skunk Pharm and others. You may consider it “the Dummyfluxer” but you’ve got to realize the times were still primitive and this was one of the first steps to developing your current trade. It used etoh and was considered much safer than open blasting which was the norm along with the explosions and residues. That was only six years ago, believe it or not. The technology has advanced for sure. It still deserves some respect in cannabis history. I know several people who still use theirs regularly with no complaints. yeux3

5 Likes

Well, homie. I tired finding that thread and i can’t. Dude’s name is Steven. That should ring bells with people here cause he started a veritable shit storm with that one and no disty was not a 1k when he dropped it. Again i know cause I’ve been in the business and unfortunately dealt with that shit myself.

I k kw who you are talking about. He dropped a pTSA reactor SOP for D8?

WhT about Reddit and all the powder teks?

2 Likes

Lol was it stevelabman :joy:

Edit: yeah that’s the post. Thanks @pdxcanna

Well, the powder teks were on here too since the days of Leo and cbleach. So i dunno. Again what I’m saying is that noone really knew about the conversion back then until he dropped this and then all hell broke loose. I went with my other homie to a bunch of places when they were just starting this to try and push it and noone wanted it cause they didn’t know what it was, that was in the beginning of 2020. Then during that year d8 became all the rage as it was a grey zone until the feds came in and said wah. But sure, reddit peeps probably did have an effect on the situation too. My opinion is that they were far behind the curve cause they couldn’t produce multiple liters per day with the powders compared to the reactor tek. Again, this is just my opinion based on my experience.

Ok yeah I don’t feel like that thread alone crashed the d8 market

People willing to sell cheaper then next guy crashed the market

2 Likes

I never said that thread alone. My exact words were ‘’ f4200 had a massive part in the conversion game" and
“had a very heavy hand in it”. Which it undoubtedly did.

And yes, people willing to sell at a lower price definitely was the driving factor. But that’s obvious. They wouldn’t have been able to without these teks. Had we stayed on a straight d9 trip without the conversions I’m pretty sure the market would have been a lot more stable.

I don’t know, I think I’d argue the retailers selling distillate to consumers directly and competing on cost is what drove the price to the floor.

2 Likes

His entire point of dropping that 20k tek on here for free was specifically to be cost efficient over the traditional way of extracting d9. Let’s agree to see this from different points of view.

1 Like

@PSam Neato! Really, a light bulb outputs more than enough heat to isomerize if acid catalyst is present.
I had to do the same thing with labs in 2015 to get D8 tested. I even helped my local lab develop their method with my high purity samples. I started my isomerization (at least in 2015) by reactive distillation with activated charcoal to make water clear distillate. Then, once the right hater helped my tek go viral, labs everywhere were suddenly forced to buy the D8-THC standard and accomodate its separation & quantification in their potency analyses! Sometimes magic happens when one drops the right flask! :wink:

9 Likes

Wow that’s a nasty looking jar. Damn, why would anyone even purchase D8 that looks like that?

it’s 40 an oz bro, stop hating bc you can’t sell it expensive d9 anymore

2 Likes

Thats some trash! I think it’s going to get worse the prices alone dropped by 300/L by the whole d8 gone kill everyone :unamused:

Some who already knew their stuff wasn’t bad stuck with their prices and still have buyers.

The supply is high all over and bulk prices are at 2x starting cost. Again the attention seeking articles all over the country all stuck to the same bs that it’s unknown sold to minors and will kill you type of scare tactics that and all of it being accused of being 15% d9 all dipped that price.

1 Like

Dude my 50 dollar ounce is water clear, there is literally no excuse for this.

2 Likes