F#$& the corporatocracy/pyrex pan caution

Yeah, cause its ptfe. It pays for its self because unlike stainless, it repels noids/terps for easy cleanup

Huh???

3 Likes

I dont agree with that, our stainless tooling is extremely easy to clean. takes less than 2 seconds to wipe clean.

not sure how it would pay for it self on ease of cleaning.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Every dab I take from stainless dabbers is a horrible horrible rainbow of taste!!!

cae7cc28-5ea1-4c76-9df0-1561eb31a229_text

1 Like

Smear some extracts on a stainless surface and then go smear the same extract on a flourinated surface. Watch how the extracts bead up on the flourinated surface. Watch how they make a film on the stainless surface. Both surfaces are nonporus, but only one beads up.

Scrape stainless on stainless, and then go scrape ptfe on stainless. See which item will score your stainless surface and which won’t.

Are we talking about stainless dabber or stainless tools?

I don’t know it was just a setup for a simpsons joke which is the real importance here.

And usually to me dabbers make the best tools that I use

This is the truth! I had a pyrex explode on me 2 weeks ago, ruined some really nice live resin… Learned my lesson though.

:+1:

Thanks but i already do this all the time, i understand the pros of ptfe, my only disagreement was your statement saying it pays for itself when compared to stainless. which doesnt really make sense since its a $10 dollar tool vs a $100-200 tool.

1 Like

Potentially leads to PFAS in your dabs…

2 Likes

Maybe I should offer flourinated spatulas for $50. Extracts cost way more out here so minimizing loss is more important.

We aren’t manufacturing the fluoropolymers in the extract lab, we are using them. You shouldn’t be scraping any plastic over a rough surface

Do they?

2 Likes

giphy (62)

4 Likes

1 Like

Qma has a ptfe flesh light

4 Likes

lol sure dude, it just wipes right off

I guess you’re saying the portion where my fingers were is clean because of the chemical composition? (lol)

This forum is a lot more fun now that the errant smell of cheap vodka isn’t in the air

3 Likes

busted :worried:

2 Likes
1 Like

When I fucked around in a scientific glass shop, they had a mixture of hexanes (I think) with the identical refractive index as Pyrex. If you dipped your tube in and it optically disappeared it was borosilicate. If not it was soda or quartz.

It was a quick and easy way to test rod before they melted it to a piece. Mixing glasses is an instant crack.

3 Likes