Extracts coming out red to pink with b80

My b80 runs always come out pink to red. Seemed cool at first but now it’s all coming out the same regarding strain. Any reason why this is happening? I’m using 1/3 material weight in b80. If I use 1/4 it’s red. If I use 1/2 it’s like off white pink hue. What does this mean? Does this make my extract less desirable?

Altering Ph?

Have you checked this before and after?

2 Likes

Probably because you need to bake your b80

6 Likes

Theres atleast 10% moisture in that b80 if u dont bake it. Moisture will pull pigments all the way down thru the powders.

I go a bit overboard, but i like 360F at full vac in a vac oven for 2 hours.
Usually done in 1 hour if ur already up to temp in the oven

3 Likes

I would sometimes get weird colors in my extract before i started baking powders . Pull full vac set oven to 200-400F and let powders sit 4 hours or so . I break vac open the oven and wipe out moisture every hour or so when you stop seeing moisture your good . Try doing this and using 1 cup of B80 per LB of biomass and you will see a night and day difference

3 Likes

Room temp?

1 Like

Room temp solvent, baked b80 1/4 cup per #

7 Likes

I have not. How would I do that?

I microwave it for 2.5 minutes then 30 seconds several times. Gets a lot of moisture out

2 Likes

72-75

What do we have here? Looks wet. You’re saying that’s b80 with room temp solvent? What does this solve?

Its dry crumble with 1/4 cup per p in the column ran with room temp. Baked b80, ive ran both baked and unbaked and unbaked comes out a lil yellowish is the only difference ive noticed

1 Like

No reds ever huh? … I def get the moisture out. Maybe I need to bake rather than microwave. I heard from a few cats here the microwave was the way. Shit is a mess and I don’t want to mess up my vac oven. Are you just putting a loose lid on a mason jar or something?

I just fill all the trays set it too 200f no vac and bake over night first hour or so theres alot of moisture to wipe off the glass then i just seal ip a few keys. Never had any color other than that stuff or yellow.

1 Like

What solvent are you using

1 Like

Right now its probably %80 iso/%20 ntane. Never really had a difference from any of the solvents either blends or straight.

Strange…
I always see way lighter colors using propane

All depends on what im trying to make, propane generally does produce lighter colors but it hasnt been as obvious as it is when not running powders.

70/30 butane propane

1 Like

I like that mix too best of both worlds in my opinion