Extractor Thermal Control System (Stand-Alone)

Introducing the Illuminated Extractors Stand-Alone Thermal Control System. Ditch your old chiller and upgrade your current hydrocarbon system with 100°C temperatures swings in 10 minutes on 10 amps of single phase power under full refrigeration load. Uses less power the colder it gets!

Edit: Can perform same temperature swings in 5 minutes or less with 10 amps of three phase power. Two compressor options are available with this system depending on the column count desired.

Hold and maintain -80°C on your jackets with ease and have complete thermal control of your solvent. Customizable to most hydrocarbon extraction systems, it allows you to increase both quality and throughput. Never worry about dry ice or CO2 shortages again - eliminating the need for most consumables. Our closed-loop system attaches to your current closed-loop system with no need to purchase an entirely new extractor. Compatible with passive systems as well for energy savings and faster condensation.

Add heating and cooling at a fraction of the OpEx with CRC Columns, high flow filtration and Cannabinoid crystallization. Day 1 of 5 announcements during #MJBizCon week highlighting the most disruptive technology on the market.

Often imitated, never duplicated. U.S. Patent Pending Technology!

Reach out to the link: Illuminated Extractors: Extraction Equipment & Consulting to fill out our customer questionnaire and begin the customization process or give us a call at (970) 893-2763 (9-5 MST) to learn more!

2 Likes

As always, price?

9 Likes

no mention of actual cooling capacity

5 Likes

I feel like thats hard to calculate when your essentially just pulling head space off each column to evaporate cool the solvent. But im no engineer. Would love to know the numbers behind it. I feel like taking that volume and doing 100 degree temp swings is pretty impressive and has to be a bit of power.

4 Likes

it’s a cls attached to your cls, this doesn’t appear to be direct refrigeration

4 Likes

aren’t they using the columns to hold solvent and use evaporation to chill said solvent? Def dont think its direct ref.

Jacket to chill. Not the internal, I believe

1 Like

That would be a good piece of data too.

1 Like

Are these going to be completely outfitted with compression fittings? Or more tape and thread?

1 Like

It’s definitely using the high to low pressure exchange of solvent (propane) to rapidly cool the columns.

2 Likes

Anyone have more info on this. It does seem that they are taking advantage of evaporative cooling to chill a chemical, than circulate it through jackets or what have you. Does anyone know what chemical they are using, ln2, CO2, the solvent from your system? It does say that it uses power, but the pic doesn’t show any electrical components. Does anyone know where the power draw is coming from (pump maybe?). Anyone have info on Kw or BTUs of cooling power?

1 Like

I think their columns are directly refrigerated by a compressor instead of the cooling being done by a chilled fluid, their systems are chilled by refrigeration.

2 Likes

That would use way more then tbe 10amps they claim it takes to go from -60 to 100f in 10 mins. Especially on the amount of columns there doing this to

2 Likes

Can u make it send heat to power my Korean BBQ grill and then send the cold to power my coldstone ice cream slab

6 Likes

What’s your theory on how they accomplish this?

Doubt they’re using peltier pads, I don’t see any other way they could be doing it than with a compressor.

1 Like

They take solvent and fill a column. They take the head space in the column, pump it with their recovery pump throufh a heat exchanger and the liquid back in the tank. As the head space is removed the solvent starts to boil and cool down. They must keep sucking off the top until it the evap cooling gets the solvent to desired temp. They then use that cold solvent to cool the columns. I think they are using hydrocarbons in the jackets and in the system. The use the heat from the corken to then heat where needed.

This would be my best guess. Still seems like there is a net energy issue. There has to be Energy added to this equation somewhere but maybe it’s the one recovery pump that puts out a ton of heat and they are just converting that energy.

8 Likes

I pretty much agree with this theory, I am just lost in how they will cool the hot head space coming off the column. If they are using a heat exchanger, they can’t be using a chiller with their power draw claims. They could be sending the pressure into subsequent columns, but you wouldn’t be able to run continuously (at some point you would have to let the hot gas chill or off gas and create waste). I can see CO2 being useful for this, with the downside being high pressure. There has to be a downside that they aren’t disclosing. It also doesn’t look like this system is automated, so it might take some user interaction to work. If someone buys this I would love to know your thoughts!

2 Likes

This technology is the wave of the future. Energy efficiency is the name of the game.

There are many options / combinations available and the price varies based on the combination you choose. All base TCS models are under $100k by a fair amount.

We are using propane to both heat and cool our columns. It is based on evaporative cooling, however, traditional methods are limited by multiple factors which we have overcome.

There are secondary components that are not shown in this picture. The 10 amps is seen at temperatures below -40c at the compressor. Our latest upgrade option does add a couple more amps to the circuit but enables true cryogenic temperatures across the system within minutes.

Our 100c temp swing is per column - just as it takes right around 10 minutes to get to -50c per column with the base model TCS. A standard upgrade we offer can cut this time in half. Typically we do not need to heat a cold column and just keep them cold throughout the day, but should you need heat - it is quite simple and fast. Our tech covers both refrigeration and heat generation at the same time.

Technically yes… hahaha :wink:

“In accordance with the teachings of embodiments of the present invention, extraction columns can be both heated or cooled such that some may be hot and others cold at the same time.”

No peltier or similar systems, this is traditional refrigeration with a twist.

Though I think we could apply our system to peltier chips for power generation purposes and be highly effiecient.

It should seem that the equation is imbalanced. That is because this is a new method that has never been considered before, not only in our industry but also in the entire refrigeration industry as well. The colder the system becomes; the less power it uses.

The total cooling capacity is no longer limited by the volume that moves through the compressor as with traditional methods. There is still however a factor involved.

With our Behemoth extractor using the larger pump option, we can maintain frozen all 10 columns plus the injection sub-cooler. The same compressor is offered with this unit as the three phase option which we also see 10-17 amps at the compressor to maintain temperature across the Behemoth.

The maximum low temperature is determined by the refrigerant utilized. The maximum sustainable temperature for propane is right around -150c to -160c. This is attainable via one of our upgrade options.

There is a discrepancy I stumbled upon that we have since taken advantage of. Combined with the device I have invented, it becomes possible to use a single refrigerant in a single stage refrigeration system (not cascade), which can take any refrigerant close to its freezing point and maintain set-point using very little energy.

Not really. The only downside I can see is its new tech the world has never seen before. Might be hard to accept.

Honestly y’all are pretty close in general to how it works. Obviously there is a secret that makes it all possible. The biggest thing is there is a huge problem with every example presented - what do you do with the heat? It has to go somewhere. It doesn’t just magically disappear… and another huge problem - how do you maintain temperature once you get there?

5 Likes

How many pounds of propane is used in the refrigeration of the system? Curious how much it will affect your MAQ limit for hydrocarbons.

2 Likes

After speaking with @Zack_illuminated in Vegas, im sold. This dude is legit bringing wild tech to the industry that we’ve just not seen before. All these prices are what they are because that’s where his tech is at, legitimately. Can’t wait till I can afford one!!

It was a pleasure meeting you sir. :beers:

8 Likes