Extractor Pay Discussion

If you understand the overhead, how do you expect a business to be profitable and pay their lowest level lab employees 6 figures? lol

5 Likes

Lowest level wouldnā€™t be paid six figures or running machines. Thatā€™s a given. Hiring someone talented and experienced in LA? Iā€™d at least work a ramp up to six figures opportunity for a relocation special.

2 Likes

Bro,
I got paid 14-16 hourly to run several companyā€™s entire machine shops. literally made less than people at in&out flipping pattys!

26 Likes

Before or after taxes?

Thatā€™s not something to be proud of is it?

5 Likes

Out here in cali, lots of places donā€™t pay very high for even skilled workers. Sad to say but itā€™s true.

9 Likes

why not give us some numbers @ExTek90, rather just saying we dont knowā€¦

Whats a michigan license cost. what the revenue like with that license and so forthā€¦

Id love to hear how this isnt a cash cow?

8 Likes

I think if people will fill the position at 15 an hour then that is what the market has decided is fair market value and will continue to be at until there is a worker shortage

To some people cool is currency so being an extractor may provide them with that fulfillment

12 Likes

100k per license, 60k renewal/year. 2 licenses. Like I said that is one of the smaller annual costs.

I canā€™t talk about revenue, but thereā€™s literally no possible way to grow a business to other states and pay your base level lab techs 6 figures, lol.

8 Likes

i really dont believe thatā€¦ who needs to grow out of your stateā€¦ Sounds like a lotta extra bread for expansion but not for the people actually funding the expansion.

just what it looks like. if businesses ran more like profit sharing businessesā€¦ they would be much more successful.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s fine, you donā€™t have to believe it. Iā€™ve seen the numbers, lol.

ive seen plenty of business proposals tooā€¦ i dont believe it. a cannabis license is a license to print moneyā€¦ plain and simple

5 Likes

Once again, cool story bro. You sell dirt out of your garage, and business proposals are exactly that, proposals.

Also makes sense since you believe every license holder back doors products lmao.

Doing it legit isnā€™t as profitable as you think.

9 Likes

This

I have a friend whose just got a ā€œpromotionā€ to be an extractor at a tier 3 producer/processor. One of the larger brands in my area. And he is making $15.50. 50 cent raise from being a sock packer lol

But he is happy. Lol but he also lives with his parents at 30. So his standards arenā€™t really set to highā€¦

7 Likes

I didnā€™t pay for mine. You have to know what to look for.

1 Like

lolā€¦ why you getting all offendedā€¦ its a carport. and at least i OWN my businessā€¦ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

14 Likes

Iā€™m not offended, youā€™re basically telling me Iā€™m lying about what Iā€™ve seen with my eyes, lol.

Iā€™m just pointing out that you donā€™t have any real experience in this space.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t diss me for making fire in a shedā€¦

12 Likes

i just dont think your privy to all the financial figures like you think you are. I have plenty of real experience in this spaceā€¦ Your anger is clouding your judgement. Im saying if your not looking to be the next cookies their is plenty to pay your lab techsā€¦ and 6 figures shouldnt be far with benefits.

i think you said you offer those too.

1 Like

My work brings me pride, cutting materials to high tolerances gave me the satisfaction I needed at the time in my life. My persistence in my work is what brought me here today. So no the pay was not spectacular, but I was proud.

30 Likes