Extractor Pay Discussion

I have to ask this because it makes no sense to me.
Especially for the West Coast / Colorado people.

How the fuck do you survive with that? Two incomes? Side hustle? Trapping on the side?

I remember thinking originally I could manage 50k out there for a full time commitment but quickly learned I was subsidizing with my savings and other outside work.

Hell Uber pays more in Texas than that 50k Salary, and my bills are easily 1/3rd of y’alls.

Dallas

San Antonio

If your first week doesn’t pay all your bills, is it worth it to be called an extractor?

Literally at $29hr roughly with ppp loan availability and 55c/mile in write offs where I’m at. This is Texas. Cheap place. Yet anyone with a driver’s license and a car can make more than a highly skilled extractor.

Raise your prices and your rates kings. /Endrant

14 Likes

Is that 1200 a week consistent? Or is that a good week. What’s the average over a few months

I also think we are in a surge of ordering out because of rona so it’s a good time to be doing it that added in with everyone getting free money from the government to blow so they’re ordering 60$ door dash meals daily (hood rich)

maybe in a few months it’ll die down who knows. As far as extracts go they’ve been dead oil is so worthless these days, less meat on the bone for everyone involved

4 Likes

It’s 20-60hr for me. Consistently.

This was not including Uber eats see the ss

Before covid was closer to 25hr average (Texas)

The point still stands. Anyone with a license can get this bread. Less labor. Less skill. More pay.

My own schedule too? Fuck

You already gotta have a car with insurance to drive to work. How many don’t drive?

2 Likes

Nope, not without moving, and then the cost of living In most places with legal cannabis (that I would want to live) would fuck me.

Makes me thankful for my project management position (construction). I’m not going to flex bank statement haha but: Salary, truck (to drive to and from work with) and commission on each job, I make out way better than I would if I was extracting for someone else. Plus I have been here 7 years, most stable job ever.

Extracting for me will be a side project (unless wa allows full vertical integration) and even then the barrier of entry may never allow me to fully enter a legal market haha.

My 2cents

But everyone’s situation is different, so yeah, what works for me may not work for someone else.

12 Likes

I just think a lot of members here need to open their eyes on what they sacrifice. Stability.

6 Likes

I have a buddy making $40/hr from Uber Eats here in New England.

If you think Extraction Technicians don’t get paid enough, check out Lab Tech positions at analytical cannabis labs. It’s a joke. Even for entry level chemists/microbiologists it’s lackluster.

22 Likes

That’s what I average rn

Most of my guys take home about 2k a week. A few make $18 p/hr. And they are new
12 full timers on staff.

5 Likes

Six figures or bust. Imo

7 Likes

Own the machine, pay for input bio, run the machine, make extract. Profit.

If you cannot follow that path…you’re going to make a lot less money…

45 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Buy a second and pay someone to run them both. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

You really don’t understand the overhead for a legal cannabis business, lol.

20 Likes

Oh I do, I also understand I’d rather be a part of being in charge of that.

8 Likes

How much do you think an initial license costs plus renewals per year? (This is one of the smaller annual costs.)

2500 in Oklahoma lol

2 Likes

Ahhhh. Yeah, OK is the cheapest in the nation, lol.

6 Likes

So, you have no idea the cost for any other state?

1 Like

Lol I know many. Oregon would be choice #2

Texas? Ohio? Pass