Extraction Nightmare

Worked for Elf Extraction and made it out of there alive thankfully. But figured I should share the non C1D1, not fully automated, unsanitary, potentially poisonous/dangerous machinery they make.

12 Likes

Wow, thanks for the share. Aren’t you worried about getting slapped with a lawsuit for sharing?

1 Like

Those welds are dog shit

17 Likes

Never signed an NDA or anything. Trying to help other people from experiencing the same thing

10 Likes

Absolute dog shit. Looks like someone slapped peanut butter on that mother fucker

9 Likes

“In the winter of 2014, two highly talented entrepeneurs (Richard and Josh) brought their engineering and software expertise to the market. The first prototype was assembled in Richard’s garage. After nearly 4 years and 7 more iterations, a truly unique “fully automated” (computer controlled) butane extraction system has been birthed.”

I’ve never seen fully automated in quotes before lmao.

9 Likes

They sell it as fully automated/remote viewing when in fact it is not yet

1 Like

" “The capacity of the Holos 20 is amazing. It can hold up to 20 pounds of plant material. And it can produce over a Kilo of oil every time. The new automated system is mind blowing. Enter in a recipe, use any parameters and it will automatically do it for you. That means I have time to do the other things I need to do in the lab. I’ve never felt unsafe running this machine. It’s Old Faithful, that’s what I call it.”

-  Tara, Elite Botanicals, Loveland Molecular labs
```"

Well that's missing a shit ton of caveat's lol
5 Likes

removed…

1 Like

Flame thread removed??? What’s the violation?

2 Likes

Curious as well.

1 Like

People should get to see that stuff. They tried to rope me Into buying their machine for 250k

2 Likes

Looked at the deleted posts and daaaaaaaaaaamn those are some of the worst welds I’ve seen in years. Like, the last time I saw welds like that it was in an intro to welding class.

Not sure why this is deleted but those images should be used to show technicians how to spot shoddy build quality.

Looking at their website it seems they just applied a standard semi-auto SFE platform to a butane skid

4 Likes

Also says their systems are peer reviewed for C1D2, I could be wrong but every state I’ve worked in requires the ventilation of a D1 for compressed hydrocarbons and D2 for low-volatility solvents like ethanol.

4 Likes

I thought it was a montage of a bunch of different labs. Like posts from a parody account

Lol then I realized it was all from same lab.

5 Likes

Can’t see the post. So much for open source and education.

@Future can we get a mandate that all posts that are deleted or modified by administrators must include a post stating the specific reasons for their actions?

Edit: Disregard. Wasn’t a mod.

3 Likes

I work at elf Holos. The pictures that are being showed are from a disgruntled former employee showing welds from our r and d phase. Here are current weld pictures. The system has recently undergone the software development required to use the system will full automation.

Even for r&d why use dangerous equipment @Sirsmokesalot

7 Likes

The original poster edited his post, apparently to hide what had been posted.

Nothing is ever deleted here, so I reverted back to his original post (which any regular could see anyways)

So much for critical thinking?

9 Likes