Extraction beginner, teaspoon request

G’day future4200 let me just start by thanking you all for creating this amazing community I have been reading intensely since finding this place I absolutely love it thank you so much.

Now apart from open blasting a few times 20 years ago I have zero experience, I also can not obtain any local assistance/experience as the practice is frowned upon by current legislators.

Now I know some of these answers are buried here the reason I am reaching out for just a little spoon is because I would like to take advantage of killas current sale to offset some of the additional cost for international shipping/exchange rate.

Now I am currently eyeing off his 2lb unit even though it is much larger then I’ll need immediately my reasoning is the larger 20lb tanks are capable of running a 10-1 ratio whilst the 1lb with only 6lb would require recovering and recycling to achieve 10-1 on a 1lb load
Considering I am also paying an additional premium for shipping and currency conversion the 2lb will be both 2x load plus 2x cycle speed if/when I require it so may eventually work out cheaper, thinking along the lines of the poor man pays twice, is there any negatives aside from initial cost I am missing with my lack of hands on experience?

With this specific unit in mind can I please get just a little assistance with a CRC unit? I can not quite get my finger on the exact config I should pursue, most of my material will be fresh dry ice hash, yuck yes i know keif+bitch I know it’s not ideal but reasoning is a function of legislation so unfortunately I am trying to make lemonade here
Biomass will be processed in field and hash placed in freezer within approx 10hours transported on dry ice so hopefully will not be melted into solid mass

I was thinking the 100 mesh filter plate with a 5um tampon on bottom of column with SS scrubies placed ontop of tampon and the hash mixed with DE and/or SS raschig rings, I understand DE is considered inert when used as a filter aid but in this instance if the column is packed with a significant proportion could there be any absorption of product? I have noted that there is a singular comment on the forum where it’s mentioned the use of AA as keif anticompactant lol? With presumably no loss, DE being cheap locally and hopefully inert I was going test it out.

Sorry CRC ok so I was sort of hoping I would not require but I think considering everything has to be imported I might as well grab everything I could need in the one go so i will grab some b80 and some t5 and silica to play with.
Now killas CRC unit is more of a batch feed and I do not believe I will ever require such large volume

I could add additional 4" filter plates and have a stack with the clay within one of the filter plates but then the clay would have very little depth? Alternatively I’m leaning towards adding a 1.5" spool under the reducer with additional filter stack under this? I would of course wall mount this it would be comically tall
Can anyone tell me the approx density of oven dried b80? To work out volume
I have not seen alot in regards to small hash runs with CRC so I am assuming I would approx double the quantities of clay for example to achieve what would be 0.5-1 half pound clay to 1lb biomass I would use 1-1 half pound clay to 1lb hash with 10lb butane? As my hash would be say 40% as apposed to 20%? Is this correct thinking?

Should I add a ball valve above and below the CRC or just below as I do not believe one is included in the 2lb unit as I believe I may need to do a slight soak to exhaust the hash?
Intending to use 100% isobutane as it’s easy to locate without the stink as r600a with nitro push from a DI slurry with DI slurry in Dewax column also
If there is any other additional comments you have in regards to keif I’m all ears i seen mention of bidirectional being advantageous to achieve good saturation with keif would it be something to consider?
Thank you all again sorry if this is somewhat incoherent it has taken me a while to write as I have terrible language/social skills I struggle alot to communicate my thoughts and there is so many flying around in my head at the moment I am alittle flustered and rushed to get a solid plan together I will try and update/edit when I can
Thank you
Cheers
Edit add breaks phone formated into solid text

2 Likes

Bump.

You’re complicating this more than it needs to be. Put ball valves on each end, 5um isn’t small enough. Go smaller, I’m being vague because you need to do more reading.

We literally just talked about micron size yesterday.

5 Likes

don’t use b80 unless u have submicron filters . .22um to be exact or the ones @Dred_pirate said the .1um it literally might can stop aids lmao jk

Stop by give me call ill help u work some small things out

6 Likes

Also, you may wanna double check that, I looked into r600a and there’s a odorant, again, if you look in past posts, this has been talked about.

3 Likes

Pay this man for some help if you don’t wanna do the work.

@StoneD seems to be helping a lot of folks out with stuff lately. He’s a good resource getting started.

8 Likes

most ppl in the UK use canned butane. It cost them to much to get large tanks

And there stuff is highly regulated

Yep, but r600a (isobutane) is what he’s mentioned, and there’s definitely an odorant in the ones I was looking into.

1 Like

Yeah thats why I was saying he may be better off w canned butane

1 Like

You can definitely find non-odorized isobutane. Maybe I’m missing something?

4 Likes

If you buy it here in the states.

Homie is not in the us.

1 Like

UK has stricter solvent laws I believe, they use isopropyl over there a bunch I remember.

Thank,yes sorry I didn’t clarify correctly would be 2 tampons 5um tampon after hash load on the supplies 4" filter plate, then if I added a 1.5" spoon for CRC I’d need to add a 1.5" filter stack below CRC which would have additional 1um tampon

Everyone is sub micron now? I had seen it mentioned a few times but I thought for the last year everyone has been running 1um sinthered disks?
Was there a test report showing pass thru contamination? Is there a link? What was the ppm? That’s a scary thought silicosis is no joke with the amount of pride people take in there work here this is devastating news
Thank you for your reply stoned I’ll look at contacting you for advise

2 Likes

Just know b80 extract tested under a electron microscope had particles in it…supposedly the other powders w1 and lustermax are fine to use at 1micron but to be safe ill be getting .22um soon also

B80 was the only one that looked like it has submicron particles as of late

Hey yeah thanks so this would always vary by jurisdiction and manufacturer, my choice was made isobutane because I found a 9l non odoured bottle not because I specifically wanted iso
I like the idea of iso it sounds like a winner but canns are an option still
Thanks

1 Like

Ok cheers dude that’s crazy, So are you getting a welded sinthered disk are they available? I would be worried about gasket bypass especially with nitro pressure?

2 Likes

@Indofab has a .22um filter pod pack i guess u could call it

Another company makes a set in .22um

Id only trust the indofab one but I know someone running the .22um one fine without issues thats a set in style

If it’s a steel rimed set in you could always get it welded yourself
Do you know if he had any significant decrease in flow rate? Presumably with an increase in contact time you would have to reduce your powder ratio?

Nah i don’t think it slowed down at all to much …not if you did your pre-filters right