Explosion/ignition proof ventilation fan and ducts

I know bhogart used to sell an option. Not anymore.
Does anybody have recommendations for a fan and ducting that’s ignition and explosion proof?
What are you guys using?

1 Like

I’ve seen them on bvv

1 Like

Bhogart still sells them but it seems they only the 8" and 12" available

https://bhogart.com/product/explosion-proof-fan-kit/

3 Likes

Look into a paint booth fan. The motor is external and the hard pipe ducting cant be sealed easily. Also run a rki m2a transmitter to kick fan and off when has gas in the area.

2 Likes

This is very common equipment
Iwould avoid green tax company s

3 Likes

Not talking about something important like an explosion proof whatever because if that’s what you need thats what you need because, safety first but the green tax is one of the most ridiculous of ALL. This is a 5 gallon food grade bucket, it costs $3.50 but if its a 5 gallon food grade bucket that has anything to do with MJ its a $35 5 food grade bucket. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Check Larson Electronics or Grainger. Avoid mj specific vendors. Canarm also makes nice c1d1 shuttered fans. I got my first one from bvv, it works but it’s louder and pricier than it needs to be and not truly c1d1(c1d2 if I recall). Ducting just needs to be conductive to disperse static charges.

2 Likes

I used Cararm BTA24T30150, no complaints

Trust me you don’t want any sizes larger than that anyway. The 24" massive fan was a huge monster. They demo’d it for me in the shop and that thing is arguably way more than you’d realistically need.