Explosion/ignition proof ventilation fan and ducts

I know bhogart used to sell an option. Not anymore.
Does anybody have recommendations for a fan and ducting that’s ignition and explosion proof?
What are you guys using?

1 Like

I’ve seen them on bvv

1 Like

Bhogart still sells them but it seems they only the 8" and 12" available

https://bhogart.com/product/explosion-proof-fan-kit/

3 Likes

Look into a paint booth fan. The motor is external and the hard pipe ducting cant be sealed easily. Also run a rki m2a transmitter to kick fan and off when has gas in the area.

3 Likes

This is very common equipment
Iwould avoid green tax company s

5 Likes

Not talking about something important like an explosion proof whatever because if that’s what you need thats what you need because, safety first but the green tax is one of the most ridiculous of ALL. This is a 5 gallon food grade bucket, it costs $3.50 but if its a 5 gallon food grade bucket that has anything to do with MJ its a $35 5 food grade bucket. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Check Larson Electronics or Grainger. Avoid mj specific vendors. Canarm also makes nice c1d1 shuttered fans. I got my first one from bvv, it works but it’s louder and pricier than it needs to be and not truly c1d1(c1d2 if I recall). Ducting just needs to be conductive to disperse static charges.

4 Likes

I used Cararm BTA24T30150, no complaints

Trust me you don’t want any sizes larger than that anyway. The 24" massive fan was a huge monster. They demo’d it for me in the shop and that thing is arguably way more than you’d realistically need.

2 Likes

Ya they turned the big one on for me back in tbe day and i blew the dry erase board off the wall

2 Likes

Dayton makes lots of explosion proof fans for reasonable prices and any size/cfm.

Marathon makes lots of explosion proof motors of many hp ratings and duty ratings.

All our fans are dayton with marathon motors, we have many. They have been running 24h for years and all they need is belt inspection/maintenance.

I believe you can order many many options from Grainger.

4 Likes

Ill check them out, grainger only had wall mount ones and allegro disnt have any specific model that says explosion proof so im waiting on an email from them

It’s really easier than you think. Most people want to put the fan in the room that might have the hydrocarbon leak. Instead mount an external high CFM fan outside of the room that sucks/pushes clean air thru the fan into the room. If it is an 8" fan have 16" of duct exiting the room with the ducts on the floor. This creates a positive pressure in the room and pushed the hydrocarbons out. This is how my C1D1 container is set up so I just did the same up in the hills for an R&D spot.

11 Likes

Dayton all day

Anyone know how many cfm per sq ft of ventilation we should have?

1 Like

I thought negative pressure was a requirement for C1D1 enviroments. What happens when you open the door?

5 Likes

I like the 20" Alllegro.

been using it daily for 5 years and still works great.

mine can be turned on with a switch for constant operation but is also hooked up to a gas detector in the room set to 10% of the LEL which will also trigger the fan

4 Likes

if you want what the big boys use, go with Greenheck. Absolutely proper equipment, excellent longevity, its what youd find in any major university or private sector lab.

2 Likes

Allegro mannnn. Just make sure you ground your ducting

Allegro all day. I spray straight liquid tane into this thing every day. I love it

4 Likes