Evaporative cooling for dewax

hez got such small rig its smarter to never pick them up in beginning… freeze everything w dry ice and blast fast

2 Likes

This is more of a theoretical conversation for him brah

5 Likes

That’s not true, if I run dry ice cold and dewax, I still enough fats that a dewax is worth it imo. Like dred said above, the fats are still coming through.

I can absolutely tell the difference in the viscosity of my hte between dewax and no dewax.

And I’m also curious if this is less energy overall.

You’re right, my lil 1lb rig isn’t huge, but it’d be cool to get a faster dewax if feasible, and I also think this is a good discussion overall.

3 Likes

I think a cold crash and decant is the best way to get a liquid hte. Leave the fats 100% out of solution

2 Likes

So maybe in a collection pot have a dip tube that like a half inch or something off the bottom?

Then a light nitro bump to empty, slowly?

2 Likes

An adjustable compression dip tube would be nice. However when everything is that cold it’s hard to see in there

4 Likes

Then maybe have that solution go through some aa like you said, to get any more coming through?

Also, yes adjustable compression would be tits

Lol just had the same thought. So like one that can go higher or lower mid run?

1 Like

Dred has 6 inch columns my man u don’t u can keep ur shit much colder than him

It is true sorry …run straight through push dry ice cold solvent that 0psi bump psi w nitro…use ur jacket column w dry ice

@Dred_pirate remind him 3" and smaller and small ass tanks are much easier to manipulate temp and keep fats froze. Up

1 Like

And if you noticed, he said he still gets waxes

ur not getting what I’m saying, his is so big he’s having harder time maintaining temp u have 6x12 max tank. And 1.5 in to 3in column max plus a jacket and nitro push ill have water thin terps and clear chunky diamonds sugar or large diamonds

His tank is 100lbs. W 6inch wide huge columns

22 posts were split to a new topic: Cold and fast

What that was groovy octopus lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Anyways. Evaporation as a means of cooling is used in many industries. In Bakersfield we would wet the grounds and get some airflow to do Evaporative cooling of our greenhouses

4 Likes

Understand…can I send someone some extract for samples vs a large rig ran the same way

I know its off topic though

How much yield?

1 Like

Yes and no. I have a chiller, quite a powerful one at that, keeping everything cold. I don’t think that my columns are warming up to cause this. Although, it is harder to keep your solvent to temp having to spread across a larger diameter material column, if it is not being chilled. If you just put room temp material in the cold (broad term) column, without letting it get down to temp, then yes you are correct. But, if it was chilled and everything (solvent and material) is relatively the same temperature, then there shouldn’t be any temperature difference. Granted. Certain strains have more than others, how long the material has been in the column getting to temp, resonance time, amount of solvent, all of these play a role in what you end up bringing with. My pictures were from Gelato, which has been notoriously fatty, from different grows. Other strains just don’t have as much as that one. Just as some strains are good for whipping into a batter, and others are too dry.

largely depends on solvent, temp, amount of solvent used, and the amount/% of stuff to extract.

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Understanding waxes and lipid content in plant mateial

Maybe the polymer is breaking down into individual monomers somewhere during extraction/separation of the lipids.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m assuming I’m right, but I do know cutin covers the leaves. I’d like to know what kind of lipid the trichome shell is made of.

When in your process do you collect waxes for analysis?

3 Likes