Evaporation Topic/Category?

Different path for every type of product. I am mainly producing initial products when tapping in. What I make is really dependent on starting material. I dont do a lot of wizardry. Happy to participate in it all how I can. Post processing and distillation are still wonderlands to me and im always learning a ton.

Yes see: here

Although you’d still need to chase that claim down for yourself if you really wanna know.

Edit: and I’m to lazy to go back up and vote NO.

we haz solvent begone…

Adding keywords for the vocab impaired folks who know how to search is always good. Jargon, especially cannabis specific misuse, absolutely requires every effort be made to make navigation/searching easier.

2 Likes

Ill go deeper for those looking to ponder:

Ty for that. I’ll dig in a bit

Why are you quoting yourself?

2 Likes

To bring back another question Id like to know. While appreciating what he did answer and share
In case he had more goodies and missed it.

Im curious what other than azeotropes potentially get through in that 1% mentioned. Water details are good to know.

1 Like

Can you link evaporation threads (at least 3) that might fit into the proposed Evaporation category?

1 Like

Evaporation is a subcategory no?

Of a broader process known as drying…

Also evaporation is also defined as 1 of 2 types of mechanisms that can result in the phase change known as vaporization. Evaporation is on the surface and then there’s boiling.

Even more specific evaporation does not always include recovery…whereas solvent recovery…well…does include recapturing your solvent

For the sake of cannabis misuse and placing keywords though who knows (or cares) what it’s called in the end

1 Like

Was just about to say this. Nitrogen blowdown evaporation/vortexing is a great example.

1 Like

Word!

Here’s another more comprehensive explanation by someone much smarter and qualified than myself

4 Likes