EtOH Pro or no?

Skip the 2L roto. I’d get at least a 5L if you’re only planning on running ~50lb per week or less. You can pick one up for about a grand, but if you have 2k to drop I’d splurge for a nicer model than the RE-501.

2 Likes

Son of a whore!!! I was gonna do the same on a smaller scale for a gallon. Tell me the rates you achieve.

What kind of hosing and fittings are going for the jacket? I have a 6×6 jacketed base and I haven’t gotten it running yet. I have 1/2 male connections and no adapters or hoses.

1 Like

Exactly!!

I don’t know who it was. By the time I got involved it had been negotiated.

It rips along pretty well until the chiller can no longer keep up. Once I dial in the optimal heating temp, I’ll know for sure. I’m just running regular thicker walled clear tubing (1/2" I think) from the hardware store from the heater to the base. I’m also building a 10 gallon externally heated still, without vacuum. It won’t require a chiller at all, just a 55 gallon drum full of water circulating through the condenser. I’m going to use a 5kw induction cooker for this one. My 2" shotgun condenser knocks down all vapor at 5.5kw no problem. I think though if I go much above 10 gallon pot size, I’ll need to plumb a heat exchanger in which allows me to run indefinitely, especially when I run the heat exchanger in a non-heated area.

2 Likes

Do you still have the EtOH PRO for sale?

Yes . Dm me

Summary

Hey, sorry but I’m new on here and can’t seem to figure out how to message you directly.

Are you in CA ?

Yeah for sure. In the 805

We own 5 of these and we LOVE them. They are efficient and a huge time saver. And produce quality product with 98% recovery rate. Would definitely buy these again.

Did you receive my DM ?

1 Like

I told that the fastest industrial form of solvent recovery is a falling film evaporator as stage one and a wiped film evaporator as stage two.

1 Like

You weren’t lied to.

Knowing that, would you recommend an E-toe-pro?!?

1 Like

@cyclopath I can’t say.

No I haven’t.

I have 2 etoH s for sale.DM me.

98% is pretty good, have u done testing to confirm this or just repeating what the manufacturer said?

Did you sell your etho pro?

Do you still have your etho pro available?