Ethos Manufacturing Membranes. AUTOMATED W/ DATA LOGGING

We at Ethos Mfg. realized that we had taken our 150 GPH ethanol recovering system on the road to show some of the gang, but have never properly introduced our membrane systems here.

What sets us apart? Our systems monitor several different data points and logs them for future use. They are also automated to take much of the human error out of the equation. They use larger membranes than most which reduces the need for excessive cross-flow, saving energy and allowing for true, continous recovery. With the flow sensors across the system, you can recover in a single pass, and match the output of the system to the desired feed rate to your evaporator so you reduce tank space and excess stored solution.

These systems are designed to be part of our developing, completely-continuous system. They can also be controlled and monitored from a cell phone or tablet.

We are also working on UL approval for our system as we believe that will be the gold standard for processing equipment certification in the future. We already have become a UL licensed panel shop and offer in-house automation on almost all of our equipment.

There have been concerns regarding the compatibility of our fiberglass housings and ethanol. We’ve had our most-abused housings tested by a third party for solvent compatibility. They passed with flying colors and we’re awaiting the official report. The burst rating on our housing is over 1300psi. We rarely pass 350. After a couple years, the fiberglass has not lost any measurable integrity. We’ll continue to do testing as we have housings in the field over time and if there is ever an issue, we’ll take the proper steps to remedy it

We test our full size housings on our automated test skid which allows us to run several different programmed cycles so we can test properties of the membranes at the scale that we sell.

We can make custom skids of any scale. Above, are 2 custom projects. 1 is 200 GPH system with built-in redundancies to allow for full production during maintenance. The other is a 600GPH with pneumatic valves, digital recirculation control, and coriolis meter.

We have several other custom solutions that we can provide in terms of NF filtration and L2L ethanol louching without hydrocarbons all the way to isolation from your refined crude. We can also design/build your entire lab for you.

We’d be happy to answer your questions, if you have any. We reserve the right to not engage with certain competitors on the forum as at least one has made false claims regarding the safety of our systems and spread misinformation. We’d like to keep it positive, informative, and honest.

6 Likes

Today we’re working on membranes on opposite sides of the country. I’m our Chicago shop we’re finishing up a 50 GPH skid.

We’re also commissioning the ETH-REC-200 GPH unit with build in redundancies in OC as part of an entire lab design/build.

4 Likes

I have an uncontrolled salivation after looking at these pictures.

1 Like

Thank you! I personally love the huge sight glasses to visually monitor if you have a leak or membrane failure.

2 Likes

Ok. I flooded my neighbor downstairs. :laughing:

3 Likes

Now, jokes aside, how can I get in touch with someone from OC to take a look on that beauty?

The amount of npt fittings on what is supposed to be a high end skid is hurting me.

What’s your reasoning for not using compression fittings?

I was also interested in the peer review on your system (if there is one). Can you detail that for me please?

Last question, are these hydrocarbon friendly?

3 Likes

Some of these photos are older models. We have moved to almost all tri clamp and welded connections. We can do compression for a small price increase.

We don’t think we are on the high end of the scale. We price them competitively and a lot of the price comes from the parts around the automation platform.

ETH-REC-50.pdf (5.4 MB)

The 50 GPH skid is 110k and the 150 GPH is 225k. We offer a 15% discount to GLG members. We think that’s a pretty modest offering for what you get.

They are not compatible with hydrocarbons. However, we have developed a room temperature ethanol extraction and nanofiltration to L2L method for louching the ethanol out of your crude with minimal heat, allowing you to use the hydrocarbon of your choice for chromatography… Even butane and propane.

4 Likes

I’ll DM you

Holy shit this pdf is taking a minute to download.

I forgot the peer review question… We are constantly improving our design through way of R&D, customer feedback, and the data provided by the machines. In every installation, we’ve provided the documents needed by fire marshals where our equipment is installed. Peer review is only good for the individual submitted design so it doesn’t apply when we improve the design. If a peer review is needed for the specific system, we can easily make that happen. We are submitting for UL certifications, which we think will be the gold standard, when we have a final design.

1 Like

Anything running 100-200k is on the high end imo…

But I’m just a basic bitch, so…

1 Like

It’s a pretty pdf. This isn’t the same for quantity as any cls system.

2 Likes

Is that also the case with falling films that recover half as much with more energy? The 50 is below 100k with a GLG membership. We offer a turnkey membrane FFE combo for 170k. With the discount, that’s sweet deal.

And don’t forget, ours are automated and data-logging. So you don’t have to depend so much on your staff keeping up with reports or running them correctly to receive a warranty.

Will you guys make one on a smaller scale for butane extractions?

4 Likes

Great fuckin question because this design gives me ideas and I’m far from daily use in a lab. Sadly.

2 Likes

I’ll ask the engineering team. Our test rig runs a single housing. I’m sure we can duplicate that easily. It has unbelievable control over parameters.

I’ll return with an answer shortly

We can do a single housing, 17 GPH unit, either analog or automated

Analog would be 36k With your GLG discount, 41k without

Automated would be 41k with your discount, 45.5k without

1 Like

17gph = 1.4 lbs per minute with butane, no?