Ethos Manufacturing Demo Review / GLG Meetup

Or my new gf lol. Over here just trying to acclimate

2 Likes

What do you think of KOKTs comments with the under powered pumps?

That is really the core issue with their system. I would not consider those even adequate for a 2540. They only pump 4 gpm while an 8040 might require anywhere from 40-100 depending on brand and design. So youā€™re looking at falling 10, even 20x short of whatā€™s needed for good lifespan and performance stability.

3 Likes

I meanā€¦ If itā€™s just a pump mod. Iā€™m not sweating yet till I see pricing.

Iā€™m just saying. Juicer gang looks solid

1 Like

Certainly, if you donā€™t mind mods, there are things you can do to improve the performance. Albeit would require redoing peer review and also I donā€™t know if they have contract provisions that may ban you from doing so.

:man_shrugging: i got two wipers and a fuckload of other shit needing mods, but buying new needing mods is a different level of punch in the face. Still a solid playgrade and one of my gigs is on that pay grade I assume idk costs on these maybe cheap in comparison to what Iā€™m working with. The other is more interested in making what we have operational asap jv

3 Likes

You should start a company and offer cheaper and better options for everyone then, since itā€™s so cheap and easy to do everything so much better?

5 Likes

Man. Half the industry is begging KOTK for membrane help or trying to weasle info loool. All the old FFE companies :joy:

1 Like

Membranes still need solvent recovery.

1 Like

How many models with how many hours on em do you have in the field? @Kingofthekush420

1 Like

Like https://www.molecularforcesllc.com/

9 Likes

Yup, Iā€™ve spoken with @magisterchemist at length, and with some customer references, Iā€™d gladly bring them on as an affiliate.

Plan on bringing @GreenMachine_Consult on as well, seeing as how Magister seems to be a happy customer of theirs as well.

As for cheaper and better, whatā€™s the cost, throughput, and how many hours in the field has one been ran and what did the maintenance look like?

5 Likes

I love the X-Spiral!!! Itā€™s a great platform, and I would love to be in a place where I needed to use one of those in my processing.
BUT, like @Future said, you still need to do a final recovery on a ffe, or something similarā€¦ People lose sight of that fact when they are considering membranes. Whatā€™s the amount of through put that you need to even justify a membrane system?
You got to be washing ALOT of weed to justify a membrane!

1 Like

Thank you! With all due respect, i disagree with your analysis here. In most use cases a falling film also will not take your solution from a dilute start to absolute dryness. Many on this forum will attest attest that when starting with extraction solution theyā€™re happy if their falling film produces a 1:1, and in that sense a small membrane skid like my 2.5 is a drop in replacement for FFE. And even if you can get a mostly dry solution from a falling film you still need to reactor decarb or else waste a wiped film pass devolatolizing, so for most setups doing 1000 lb daily or under, it makes more sense to me to just combine the reactor decarb and final solvent recovery steps and skip FFE altogether.

I would go so far as to say the opposite, that FFE is only useful in the largest of setups, where the leftover from the membrane skid needs to be handled continuously, and in that case, youā€™d be running the FFE hotter than usual and trying to take a very concentrated feed to as dry as possible continuously.

5 Likes

I believe i provided cut sheets to you a while back but Iā€™ll resend the specs. As far as consumer units in the field the longest one has about 1500 hours of use time on it right now and so far no maintenance or change in membranes has been required. I would be happy to get a consumer testimony to post here to attest to that (Iā€™ll try and get that together soon)

9 Likes

I default to you, and your opinion. I honestly have absolutely 0 experience in any kind of large processing with hemp, or anything. I only know the things Iā€™ve read honestly, so I could very well be wrong and I admit it! Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me! Iā€™m always looking to learn more than I know!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen anyone processing 1:1 ethanol : crude in a reactor to decarb. That would be insanely slowā€¦

Or leaving their FFE at 1:1

10% is the standard I see coming off the final effect of most FFE type systems.

7 Likes

What do you think weā€™re doing?

Itā€™s not about who gets there first, itā€™s about who does it best

Ethanol recovery is easy, Iā€™ve yet to see them winterize with a membrane

Hereā€™s me doing it on IG LIVE

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIencWfD9Io/?igshid=1qbh4krmz9bhl

3 Likes

That color remediation though

4 Likes

10 + years on some of the wine industry skids my buddy has built :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes