Ethanol Diamonds?

Oh man that looks nice :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

EHO Diamonds 200 proof ethanol extracted at -80c then Jared for two weeks. No burp. Room temp.

41 Likes

How fully do you guys evap the ethanol? Is it pretty much shatter first?

2 Likes

What ratio of solvent to oil?

2 Likes

Looks great!
Obviously no decarb step, I’m assuming you rotovaps off roughly 90-95% of etoh and transferred to jar…
I wonder if adding this EHO to a diamond pressure vessel like @Killa12345 makes would lower timeline.

@Killa12345 what’s your thoughts? Throw a seed crystal in…then set…pressurize to what psi And…inert gas or N2? I never got The sop for the miner wasn’t sure if you bleed down or pressure up for X days / etc
And the crossover to etoh would Be sweet.

6 Likes

Yes roughly 1-3% Ethanol after rotovap. Please keep in mind that starting material makes a huge difference, if THCA will crash out without light heat/cool cycles.

7 Likes

Any post processing before placing in a jar?

You killed it man look at those crystal structures. You got some really nice formations

5 Likes

Zero post processing on this run. Poured from rotovap boiling flask straight into clean jar. Sealed up for two weeks at 67 deg f. All credit to the cultivator on this one. We put very minimal effort into that jar.

11 Likes

How hot was your roto

2 Likes

We don’t go over 35c. It is a little slower, but with dual condensers on a 20L it makes up for lower temps.

7 Likes

I have make ethanol diamonds or thca crystals from refining co2 extract and supersaturating the ethanol solution in a rotovap then leaving it in a dark cabnet for about a week but never by ethanol extraction alone. I believe it is due to the polarity of ethanol. Any water in the solution doesn’t help. Hydrocarbons (butane, propane, hexane, ect) are all nonpolar. thca has the carboxylic acid group attached so is more polar compared to thc. Like dissolves like so ethanol will dissolve the thca before the thc which makes it hard to crash out thca from the solution.

So if your trying to make ethanol thca crystals make sure you use fresh material and cold temps to get the largest thca/thc ratio possible.

6 Likes

im sure its a stupid question but how do you tell when your at 1-3%? thanks

3 Likes

I may be going out on a limb here, but if you assumed or expected a 1% content of EtOH on a 100gram return (just to make my math easy), thats ~1g of alcohol remaining in the oil.

I think theyre getting it that low just by running in the rotovap until they no longer see alcohol condensing on the coils ad maybe even leaving it a little longer to ensure they have purged out as much as possible. Thats just my guess anyway…so someone please correct me if I am wrong

3 Likes

Or you could purge it all the way, then weigh it, then add your % etoh desired

10 Likes

I didn’t jar this stuff I’m gonna purge it.to shatter or w/e I get out of it. BUT it’s super saturated etoh hash oil. I made this by rotovapping a winterized (sort of I filtered it at 5 microns -no a.c./d.e wash-) mixture down to a small puddle still containing alcohol. Then I put it in my regular oven at 180°F. I did it from 5:47pm to 6:34pm today and I can’t really get a gauge on it unless I sit there and watch it but I don’t wanna keep my oven light on to watch so I check it every 20 mins.

But it got the beans and gravy look that bho has durong the pour up. I figure this is of interest and could.be used by you guys for something.

Cheers

4 Likes

It wont let me upload the mini pour up I did but it looked like a bho pour up

Looks great, let us know if anything precipitates!

Did you vac this before jarring?

Wow! I always thought ethanol couldn’t crystallize due to high evap temps and polarity. This is grade a!

1 Like