Ethanol Diamonds?

Pentane is a magical ingredient. remove all ethanol, add pentane in a 1:10 ratio to the crude. No need to put in the freezer. leave uncapped. (obviously need proper ventilation)

5 Likes

@bg007 leave uncapped at room temp? or in an oven? just got some Pentane in :raised_hands:

1 Like

so… 10g of crude to 1g of pentane? or vice versa?

I can’T make any suggestions unless you have a safe place to use Pentane. Fume hood please!

1 Like

Do you have a fume hood? Safety First!

yes. lol

Use 10g crude (remove as much ETOH as possible prior to pentane addition) : 1mL pentane

1 Like

excuse my incredible terrible mistype. 1:1 ratio pentane : crude.

1 Like

Thanks bg. Could you please specify mass or volume?? like 1g crude:1mL pentane? or 1g crude:1g pentane? Pentane’s got a very low density so these two ratios are very different. Thanks again

1 Like

1g crude : 1mL pentane

3 Likes
3 Likes

The rich mono Terps share a similar boiling point to ETOH. Yes you are loosing terps. We are starting to do a liquid Co2 terp strip prior to ETOH extraction via a Ethos 6. Average temp of our ethanol at saturation in the system is -65c. Typical soaks will vary, but never longer than 15min.

1 Like

Hi, Can I DM you with some questions about the Ethos 6? started to work with one and no one in Capna is responding to questions.

The new stuff I brought into Carbon Chemistry when I worked there is decently neutral AC, albeit acid activated, @bg007 . Sorry for the late response. I just saw this.

1 Like

Bumping