Equipment Sourcing: You need it, I can find it

We use it for cleaning glassware with alcohol. Regular sonicators are designed for use with water.

anyone know where I can get a used pope?

I don’t know about used, I can get a new 2" for 40k with all the bells and whistles. What diameter did you want?

1 Like

pesticide remediation. Want to see the emulsion layer…

1 Like

To jump in on glass vs stainless, if there was a large enough sight glass that ran from zero dead space valve up one third of the tank, like a skinny tall one (think back of an edwards 80) it would eliminate the need for a glass tank.

I just got a ridiculous quote from Buchi for 100L reactors 68k each bare bones 6 to 10 week lead

1 Like

I needs parts for my agilent vac pump. We purchased through Cascade.

and suggestions for how it got into this state.

It looks like you need a new tip seal kit. IDP-15? Right here:
https://cascadesciences.com/shop/vacuum-purge-equipment/pump-accessories/scroll-pump-tip-replacement-kit-agilent-idp15/

It’s an SH-112.

There is also damage to the metal holding the seal.

understanding how the pump got here would be helpful.

I can have my Agilent support group chime in on this. Do you have some details? How old? How long between tip seal changes? running solvents or lots of moisture?

Its an SH-112. maybe two years in service at this point. no tip seal replacement (or service whatsoever). Boss opened it up recently to diagnose vac issues seen in short-path.

not super heavy usage. sporadic use on oven. most usage has been on 5L rotovap with a -50C cold-trap in-line. or sucking on kegs of -25C ethanol, san’s cold trap.

Ingested ethanol on numerous occasions. had to explain repeatedly to minion that continuing to suck on a keg at 29" of Hg was why there was ethanol accumulating on the lab floor.

I haven’t been primary user for six months at this point, so it may have seen things I didn’t throw at it.

3 Likes

I sent the pic to my guy. Poor little fella. He might be toast.

Soxhlet had a pretty reasonable explanation for how the metal got damaged.

not following the tip seal replacement schedule would seem to be the primary error.

toast? oh boy…that’s gonna ruffle some feathers.

although technically I did list destruction of several vac pumps as “required” R&D when I first got into this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

No need for certification. I do refrigeration so I know how to make things cold. I really need a small closed loop system. If you can help let me know.

I need a heavy wall 22l boiling flask with 1x 45/50 and 2x 24/40 ASAP. American said they’ll put my order in on Monday with a 1 week turnaround. Can anyone here get the glass I need faster than American? Thank you :metal:

Let me know if anyone is selling

Looking for a used pope would prefer 4"+ but maybe a 2" one will work.

B/R system

White film processor

Ethanol recovery system

Chromatography system

45k for a new 2" with all the bells and whistles!

how much for a 4"

I found one online for cheaper :frowning:

I’ll call for a qote tomorrow if your serious.

Where? Source?