Entry CLS - what accessories / parts do I need

What is the bare minimum needed

Do I need a condensing coil and a molecular sieve to get my extractions going

Or can I purchase them later on to upgrade

I know the molecular sieve is to stop moisture going into the hydrocarbons which is important

But can I do without one for the moment?

I plan on purchasing a 2LB system with least amount of expenses

What are the most crucial parts and accessories I need ? ( extra hoses and gaskets)

Thank you all

Mike

1 Like

Talk to @Killa12345 and he’ll get you squared away with everything that you need at very reasonable price! I’ve bought a loop from him before, and recommend him over anyone else for the basics to get up and running

2 Likes

I second that you should hit up @Killa12345

Take out the guesswork and just go with something that is known to work for people.

1 Like

Hes in the UK

I went through this w a friend there last year

Shipping will eat him the fruck up

Look into a local extraction shop what he had to do…befriend the owners

Ull need molecular sieve always for every time u recover.

U shouldn’t need a coil w smaller rig unless the tank u get won’t fit in something reasonably sized like a 10gal round cooler…if ur tank is to big for this yes ull need coil to chill the gas and cooler for the coil(alcohol dry ice slurries to.chill it) always prefreeze ur material on dry ice also

There’s tons things ppl forget about…like coolers I like one for cooling and one for a sous vide to warm for recovery…
Id grab a 1.5" tri clamp valve for btw the material column and collection pot. It’s not a must but I like one

You’ll need a reducer to go from 3" to 1.5" or whatever the collection pot tri clamp size is u choose.the collection pot…a tank a sieve, coolers, sous video, dry ice , denatured alcohol for making dry ice slurries…there’s a bunch to it
But when u hardly ever use gas anymore when things start paying off

4 Likes

why not use BHO hardware or Phuk420. both are UK bases. Aint gonna be like cheap here in the states…

3 Likes

Trying to save costs tbh

Hence reason why I’m looking elsewhere

*420pmuk u meant

Also those guys provide 2 year warranty so it is peace of mind

I will respond to this again with the sizes of the collection pot, solvent chamber and material column

And okay! Molecular sieve is a must

Condensing coil not so important if you can fit chamber in a cold water / hot water bucket

Thanks D

1 Like

Its just “StoneD” I’m stoned…lol…ur not the first :grin:

U need a 6x12 collection and tank to run standard…if I was running c.r.c I might would want a lil bigger tank and collection. But 6x12 is plenty for u thats right at 6lbs gas

3 Likes

So this company I’m speaking to is offering me a 2LB system with

3” x 36” dewaxer column
And 10x10” recovery tank and collection tank

This differs to the sizes you said was preferred?

I must tell them what I need and also ask if the reducer at the size you mentioned is included?

Thanks StoneD

just responded with some specs below bro

Forgot to click reply when messaging that

Peace

3x36 won’t fit 2 lbs. your better off with a 4x24 and having a bit extra room.

3 Likes

A three way, “L” port valve makes an injection coil double as a condenser.

1 Like

I have fit 2lb in a 3x36 before. Not always tho

4 Likes

I’ve fit 2.4 lbs in a 3x36. Might not be able to hit that every time but a 3x36 can definitely hold 2 lbs if you want it to.

1 Like

Me too but it’s a shit ton easier in a 4x24. Typically I can get an easy 600g in a 3x24 but it makes it much easier to size up a spool

4 Likes

Agreed…but dude did say bare minimum…

What about the solvent tank and collection tank size?

Seems okay? Or will I need larger?

Atm I’m running mainly shake and trim so sometimes same amount of weight takes up less volume as can pack It down more

But I will take Your advice and ask for bigger size of the dewax column

I’m trying to get this done at the least cost, so hoping they won’t ask me extra for the larger size

Yes I do want the bare minimum for less cost

As long as about 2lbs of shake fits in

I will see what they say

It will fit with a lil elbow grease!

2 Likes

where there’s a will there’s a way!

4 Likes