Eleva8ed Equipment Membrane Skids (winterization, terpene seperation, and solvent recover) Hydrocarbon membranes available

After your run is done youre keeping the pump filled with solvent? Its definitely not cavitation as weve ran way smaller then 1.5" tubing at way lower pressures on our inlet and never had a problem

we ran a test on clean gas to flush the membrane and make sure everything was running properly. then left the skid filled with clean tane. next day pumped in solution got it permeating couldn’t go above 18 hz without the pump starting to knock which joel mentioned was a sign of cavitation. ran for a little while before the pump started making a terrible sound so i shut it off drained the system and pulled the pump apart(i noticed the drive shift on the pump had scratches on it) couldnt find anything causing the issue. when i put it back together the noise was gone but the pump wouldn’t move any solution so i assumed the seal failed

Where did you get the pump from? Joel?
Did you build this skid yourself or did you buy it already put together

Im asking because Scratches on the shaft to me makes it sound like maybe the pump wasnt fully assembled right and something came loose inside. There should never be any kind of markings on the crank shaft or piston rods, they should never touch the sides and if it was knocking like that i think a bolt holding the rod onto the shaft could have loosened and cause the rod to hit the inside casing.

whole skid is from Joel, when I opened it there wasn’t anything inside to “catch” on it and if anything had fallen in and back out of the housing i cant imagine I would miss that so I think it must’ve at least come to us with that damage

1 Like

Check your dms when you have a minute

you should have a length of straight run pipe that is 5-10x the length of the diameter of that pipe inbetween any obstruction (tee, elbow, ball valve) and the inlet of the pump

New extraction methods on the horizon will make membranes obsolete
Yust saying !

3 Likes

Cant wait for it to debut

Care to elaborate?

Electrostatic? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Really looking forward to hearing about it in the future. Hear tell through the grapevine sounds pretty damn interesting!

So ive been thinking about this and i think the problem is the pressure youre feeding into the pump at, is there any way you can feed in at a lower pressure and see if it helps. I think youre going in at too high of a pressure which causes the liquid to evaporate when the pump is pulling to hard.

1 Like

i have dm’d you but havent heard back

1 Like

This still exists? How to get a quote for one of these for my newly approved C1D1 space? :smiley:

2 Likes

How do I go about purchasing a unit?

1 Like

how loud is the operation of these skids? Have you done any decibel testing?

ill take 2 skids, one for butane and the other for propane

1 Like

Good grief, I don’t know why I have to be the one putting to bed this dead thread (hey, I rhymed!)

There’s a reason he has not responded to any inquiries publically for the last year. KOTK doesn’t work with Joel anymore, and Joel isn’t marketing for cannabis anymore either. No such peer reviewed “Eleva8ed” units are rolling off the lines anymore (though Tangent still exists selling for water applications as it always has). I was asked and paid to provide legacy support for some clients – Sambo Creeck was tasked with giving continuing support with some others. In the meantime, I am still operational and have units in stock, and if you don’t like mine, you’re welcome to take a stab at DIY.

2 Likes

Part of that is true i don’t work with joel anymore but i am working with another manufacturer to bring reliable skids to market with the same design as what joel produced. I have the CAD files and drawings that he used and me and another manufacturer are working out the details so please dont speak on things you dont know.

Youre going to be suprised when you see whos getting into the skid game that’s all im gonna say for now

1 Like

Hey, go ahead. I never said I wanted to be the only one out there selling skids. But that is the state of affairs as it exists right now, today. Wish you much luck getting back out there!