Eleva8ed Equipment Membrane Skids (winterization, terpene seperation, and solvent recover) Hydrocarbon membranes available

Hey, I know this is an old post, but I currently work for a UL508A panel shop. We are currently in the cannabis, brewing, and distilling industries. I was wondering if you guys do all your automation and controls in house or if this is something you would be looking to purchase. If so we would love the opportunity to bid. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

All of our automation is done in-house by an accredited UL listed panel shop

1 Like

Around the 15th of this month I’ll finally have our hydrocarbon membranes that we’ve spent the last 4 months developing

These are a custom membrane you will not be able to get anywhere else besides through me. I have an exclusive with the company I developed these with.

7 Likes

And when you say “hydrocarbon”, you’re specifically aiming at C4 & C5?

Or is this custom membrane appropriate with C6 and C7 as well?

4 Likes

When I say hydrocarbon I mean closed loop hydrocarbon (c3-c4, I haven’t tested isobutane)

We’re working on a different membrane for pentane - heptane

1 Like

What pressure is the housing rated for?

What are you using for the pump?

Butane liquid transfer pump

Or I’m I a bonehead and that’s listed upthread?!?

Will the pentane / heptane one be an open loop system?

You could make it open loop, but no AHJ in their right mind would allow that to be operated in an open system over the 5gal MAQ’S.

1 Like

All of our housings are pressure tested to 1200 psi even though they’re only meant to see 1000 psi max

These membranes will run up to 1000psi also

I’m using 6.6 gpm Cat triplex pump, im going to keep my tank at -20c then use injection coils to drop the temp before it hits the column, I was looking for a low temp gear pump but haven’t been able to find one that’ll go colder then -20c

1 Like

Pentane is considered c1d1 based on it flash point and vapor point, heptane you could get away with c1d2 if your jurisdiction allowed (heptane could definitely be an open loop system as long as its inside the c1d2 area)

Hexane is a weird one since its a neurotoxin, it’s c1d2 BUT there’s extra regulation that you don’t have with heptane since hexane is toxic

2 Likes

…and there are just some things that one ought not push too hard on those “rated limits”.

Is 1kpsi necessary for reasonable permeation/selective-ness with straight n-tane?

I get nervous around 150psi, even on gear that I’ve hydro-tested to 350PSI myself.

5 Likes

The color remediation membranes run tighter the higher the pressure so you get better color remediation at 1000 psi then you do at 600

Solvent recovery you don’t have to run at 1000 psi you’ll get permeate between 100-200 psi for butane

2 Likes

Hydrocarbon membranes are here

:slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll post pics tomorrow

3 Likes

Testing begins Friday

This is for decoloring

I also have one for solvent recovery

9 Likes

For a while now I’ve been working with kca to help me identify some unknown compounds making it passed my color remediation membrane. We are getting closer to identifying the major component of what makes it through and causes us to have to “winterize” even after membrane filtration. This is the second test we’ve ran with them to try and identify these compounds, the first one involved running a fats standard on MS against my crude and showed the standard plant fats and lipids are rejected by my membranes. No other skid supplier is doing the kind of r and d we do.

2 Likes

This week I will also be running our test skid at a client’s facility on there cold ethanol extract for proof of concept

They want to boost the potency on there starting crude to try and crash cbd a out in heptane, we think this will be easy to achieve with fresh material and proper extraction

I’ll be posting all the results here

We now offer live demos at your lab also

Pay for the shipping on our test skid, the membranes you want to run and for a day of consulting and we will come to your facility and run our skid and membrane on your crude

If you end up purchasing a skid we will credit what you paid on the test skid towards it

5 Likes

Damn that butane one is gonna be sick :metal:

1 Like

As soon as I’m back from Alabama I’m going to start testing on it

I think you guys have waited long enough :wink:

1 Like

Cool cool looking forward to see how things turn out. Can you flow any temperature butane through it or does it have to be warm?

It needs to be between 0 and 30c

The system I’m designing will use the hot recovered vapor to pre heat the crude to the desired temperature for the color remediation membranes so no energy is lost

Its taken me a long time to design this system because there’s so many different parts

Itll use butane membranes to recover as much solvent as possible before going through the butane falling film for recovery

2 Likes