EHO vs BHO

Definitely Argon atmosphere and yes solvent recovery. I just couldn’t stand losing my terps and great flavor to vacuum purging. Many of my ethanol runs come out clean and clear enough to make diamonds. If not, it’s low and slow in an inert atmosphere.

3 Likes

I’m recalling tell of thin pours onto large mirrors, with a small fan to aide evap and ventilation…are you sweeping with your Argon?

Willing to share Flowrates?

edit: doh, that wont achieve recovery…

1 Like

Try and find that price in Canada…I can’t! Also have no legal BHO options yet…

1 Like

I purge very slowly with Argon and have a cold trap on a pretty large container. The initial bulk recovery is done with nitrogen from a nitrogen generator. Heat and vacuum eff your flavor profile in my opinion. I steer clear of both as often as possible or just use ambient conditions.

1 Like

how long are you pulling for…3 weeks?

Not unusual, but I’ve got it down to 10 days when everything is optimized

1 Like

That’s interesting for sure. I’m not too hellbent on making an award winning product. I’m thinking along the lines of a low cost, high volume product.

We’re already making some great high quality products but it usually means the cost of the product is also high…want to give people cheap mg THC for vaping/dabbing if I could

3 Likes

Ethanol can produce just as high quality, there is just less margin for error with the material prep as well as the process. For me it’s wide open. Even if bho is more efficient, I still make good money with eho because I make quality product from trim or nug. So I can buy trim and make money all day long. Nug is bonus. I’m not against bho, it’s just more of a task than me or my customers need or want

3 Likes

Couple of questions about BHO vs EHO

1. Do you always have to winterize BHO, even if trim is cold and BHO is chilled to -60F? My understanding of cryo EHO is you do not need to winterize.
  2. Are falling film evaporators not used in BHO? If not, why?
  3. Are wiped film evaporators of any use in BHO?
  4. What does “in-line” de-waxing mean in a BHO process? Is this filtration to remove waxes?
  5. If you are just processing hemp for CBD does one process win out over the other?
  6. Is a centrifuge of any use in the BHO process?
  1. If your solvents are cold enough, you can get away with skipping the dewax with bho

2 & 3 don’t know unfortunately

1. Usually this means having a sleeved material column that’s filled with a dry ice/isopropyl slurry. This keeps things cold to prevent lipid pickup, this is related to #1

2. Don’t know cbd

3. No use for a fuge with bho (that I know of anyway)

3 Likes

Your did perfect my bro

But 4. That’s referring to a separate wide column(if material 3" this is usually 6"wide after material column and has jacket also) that you send the fuel to AFTER the material column.

It’s stalled here and chilled w dry ice usually for hr or so. The fats coagulate and then they are filtered out and move to collection pot
This is true 2nd stage Inline DEWAX (aka winterized inline just like eho)

Not to be confused w dewaxing column for material. Confusing a Lil.

2 Likes

BHO is better medicine than EHO. I used it to help my wife kick opiates. If BHO is unavailable then you should make some. If your worried about the law then give you people government approved heroin and rest easy.

1 Like

Yeah, agree on the confusing terms.

People say inline with just a sleeved spool, but others say it’s just as you described with the second vessel cooling it.

I think it’s a generic term we use to describe whatever method you use to dewax at the same time your extracting.

Previous thread regarding this noted above ^^^ for anyone else interested.

1 Like
  1. a dwell dewax always seems to find something.
  2. there are a few of us running butane ffe on here
  3. @IlluminatedExtractor have a propane rated wiper
  4. “in line” is not having to transfer system to system to dewax.
  5. hydrocarbons are much more energy efficient to make an end product with
  6. not really. so volatile it doesn’t need spin help to leave material
3 Likes

Where’s this propane wiper lol

3 Likes

Is there ever any trapped propane in the oil that only comes out during bake or vac/bake?

1 Like

It’s called tane soup

1 Like

Yes, remove residual solvents.

10/g in Canada as well if your buying kg’s

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFcMztCHsAL/?igshid=tpmfsc7000tt
ETOH makes great products just not a lot of margin for error and your going to have some trial and errors but once you got the process down you will be good, just like anything else in this industry.