EHO Color Remediation

Time for you to utilize the Search Feature.

2 Likes

I belive he means with ethanol. Wich I havent seen covered on here. Maybe people can be helpful rather than just repeating the search bar mantra?

4 Likes

So why didn’t you help him instead of scolding me?

2 Likes

Because most of the people that come here dont put in any kind of effort to find said answers, and want the answers handed to them. Hence the spoon feeding memes and the like that get posted a lot.

6 Likes

Lol fair enough I dont want this to devolve into a scolding war . I did say people as in general though

True, hard line to draw though when its relevant to the discussion. Sometimes the same phenomenon has multiple uses and aspects that are relevant in different ways. Just might speed up the discussion and further collective understanding if we relay relevent info from time to time. But I completely understand your point. The future belongs to the researchers✌

@Bruce_leeroy The data concerning magnesol use in this application is discussed much higher up in this thread. So in this case the asker is clearly not the reader.

@bg007 The information you seek is in this thread, and much more at your fingertips than it might be were you researching the in-line butane method. I found it in under 10 minutes with the ‘search this topic’ check-box.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I did read the thread that Magnesol works best with non polar solvents and that is the reason why it works, based on polarity. I had to try and see for myself with ETOH. I tested 3 ways: carbon only cake, Carbon + Magnesol, and Carbon + Magnesol + Silica60. All came out with the same result of a nice yellow. I was hoping for even lighter.

3 Likes

T-5 does a lot for color remediation.

Instead of making cookies out of everything, we add 10ml of T-5 and 10ml of AC per Liter of infused ETOH at 30C and stir frequently for 1/2 hour then filter through Celite 545 and watman paper.

The MagSil step is separate and we usually winterize again in between. Elliot blend Sondergut powder is way better than MagnesolXL but both will work its about price.

Don’t be afraid to run it all though the both types of filtration steps a second or even third time to get the results you want. The T-5/AC turns into a big tarry cookie. Put a second filter paper over your Celite if you want to try and make it last longer, then just peel it off and replace it and reuse.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a huge difference between filtering through carbon cookie vs mixin the carbon into the oil/ethanol solution. The difference is night and day, the cookie gives superior color separation. It seems to hold onto the reds better.

3 Likes

It is a cookie the second time you pass your ETOH through it. The first pass makes the cookie.

2 Likes

I’m not really seeing anything on here comparing t5 and b-80. both are crushed bentonite. Can they be used in place of each other for ETOH filtering? Also, what if the crude is bho then is filtered using a 20:1 alcohol solvent ratio? Would this give the same end results? since the initial extraction is done with butane, none of the reds would be in the crude.

What level of ethanol was the extract? Like just washed stuff or diluted crude?

Do you have any troubles with waxes/ have to winterize when doing room temp extracts?

Room temp extraction will need to be winterized no mater wich. Solvent to extract is used

2 Likes

Yes, the is definitely a massive increase in fats at room temp, that is the main reason I’m not 100% behind it. I’m finally doing the full test very shortly, so I can get back to you with more info. But the latest rewash I did at room temp has the thickest layer of fat I’ve ever seen. It took forever to get through, but I had done 75lbs in 5, turned into 4 summin gals.

2 Likes

I’ll be waiting for it and doing a few experiments of my own✌🏼

1 Like

Best filtering solution for me? - processing 1liter of raw THC crude/1:10

When first getting in to this, all i really knew of was buchners, I see so many diffrent filtering setups from you guys both bought and DIY, my head is spinning circles understanding the diffrent setups and what i would need for my use of possible 1L crude pr run/pr week of dark Kief crude.

I would prefer not to deal with nitrogen assist so forth.

Possible a negative pressure setup would be the easiest for me to go? i can then use my Rotary pump, instead of looking on a new pump also - tho i need a pump anyway down the line i guess

Something like your setup/formula @Renchi The Pepsi challenge/etho color remediation thread

I had in no way thought the filter aspect would be so expensive, but thats because i only knew of buchners really and saw that as my solution, have not looked at it for a while and now started to look into all these other solutions and gasp, another huge subject to attack.

When not processing more/pr week, and looking at expenses at this point in time, where funds is tight as ever. Would standard buchners be my best solutions?

This looks neet also, McMaster-Carr, with the filter bags utilized here how does stacking filter agents work, is my volume to small to even think of this one, when not processing many gallons of Etoh after extraction.

Can you provide me with pricing and specs for these filters? I sent an email to company, but not sure what kind of response time they have. I have 12" double stack lenticular housings. I would definitely be interested in testing some of these out. How many gallons of saturated solution do they process? How much activated carbon is in each filter?

Get a panda spinner make a 4" insert holed tube to fit snug and filter treu that works like a charm
With 4" filter bags
Cheapest fastest filtration unit available
Up to 1 micron

5 Likes